Willson Eb Tenor Horn 2410TA

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brassneck, Oct 9, 2005.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Mmmmmm! I never knew about this one until I went to visit the site to see about the progress of the new cornet. Any views or comments about this horn? ( ... I see that triggers are available on this model too!).

http://www.swissprofi.ch/willson/instr.html

2. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Never heard of this horn before, so took a look at the site. Couldn't get much detail about it, but the trigger sounds ok. If I pull my main tuning slide out anymore it will be on the floor!!

3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Rosehills in Beaconsfield have imported one I think? My teacher (Highams) wants me to try it! :)

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

I just wanna know how much it is!!

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I want one!

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... have you got your Kelly mouthpiece yet?

9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

hehe no my BM was gonna get me one but he emailed the guy that owns the site and apparantly they havnt actually made them yet. Ill have to ask him again cause the kelly mouthpiece site said they were coming out in April and its now October... But I want that horn even more, my mum said no before I even told her what it was I wanted I got as far as 'Can I have' and she said no.

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: ... you didn't say please?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    cornet
    horn
    comments
    site
  12. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

It was gonna go at the end but I didnt get that far.

13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... I've just checked on the Kelly site forum and you're right ("Our new KELLY-TH3 tenor horn mouthpiece will have a considerably larger rim diameter & deeper & more voluminous cup. (compared to the mellophone m/p)
    Now - on to when? I'm afraid that they'll be more like Christmas presents...we're currently stepping up production across the board to meet demands of our CURRENT sizes, so, unfortunately, new products are pushed back.
    Thanks!
    Jim.")

14. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

wow can you read minds? I was just looking there, it says the 6V mellophone ones are the right size. Er stupid question now what does the trigger do?

15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Oddly enough, the trigger extends the 3rd valve slide .... I would have expected the trigger to be either on the 1st or main slide! (or both).

16. andyp

andyp Active Member

Our solo horn had a quick go on one on a stand at the Nationals, he reckoned it was superb. Unfortunately they wouldn't let him take it away and try it properly....it was the only one they had!
    He's now waiting till they get some in stock, to have a proper go.

17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... so it's a new horn that's quietly been introduced into the UK market? (and what about the trigger on the 3rd valve slide? :confused: )

18. HBB

HBB Active Member

It's not too expensive either.. although I think those prices are wrong... because when I went to talk to them about buying a new soverign they were coming out at £1650 :eek:

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- the middle column has the price incl. V.A.T. (recommended price first, then shop price incl. V.A.T.)

2410TAR - Willson 2410 (lacquer) 3rd slide trigger [R.R.P. £1,800, Retail £1,500]
    2410TARS - Willson 2410 (silver) 3rd slide trigger [R.R.P. £1,790, Retail £1,515]

20. HBB

HBB Active Member

BE95010

Besson Sovereign (lacquer)

BE95020

Besson Sovereign (silver)

Yea... this is the Sov -- they wanted £1650 for a new one!

21. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- maybe there is an online deal? They have to honour prices they quote.

post-edit:- I did see your prices in their 2004 .pdf brouchure

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    cornet
    horn
    comments
    site