William (Bill) England

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by Di, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Di

Di Active Member

William (Bill) England

It is with great regret that I advise that Bill England died suddenly on Tuesday 31st July after a short illness. Bill was aged 77.

Bill was Secretary of The National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain for 25 years. He commenced his administrative work in the early 1970s, which he carried out with great professionalism until he retired from the position in 1997.

Bill England is one of the very finest servants in The National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain’s 55 year history. He will be greatly and sadly missed.

Philip Biggs
    Administrator - National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    England
    William
    Bill England
    Philip BiggsAdministrator - National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain
    great professionalism
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

A thoroughly nice man. RIP.

4. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

I remember the many courses on the NYBB with Mr England and he was always approachable and helpful. He was indeed a great servant to that band and indeed for those he helped to enjoy the banding experience so that they carried on to play, like myself and many of my fellow players. He will definitely be missed.

5. Anonymous_user

Anonymous_user New Member

Thank You Bill (Mr England) as we all called him.

All who have played with NYBBGB when Bill was secratary will agree the world is a sad place without him.

Simon Gresswell