Will you watch every match?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MRSH, May 27, 2006.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

What lengths will you go to to ensure you see the football?

I ask because there is a guy at work who just will not give up the football to come out on a free company bash. It wouldn't be so bad but it's only Germany v Costa Rica and Poland v Ecuador :confused::confused::confused:

Will you miss band? Turn down gigs? Give up nights out?

Will you rigidly insist on staying in and watch every match?

A good friend of mine is getting married on World Cup Final day :eek:. I ask you! I have accepted the invitation on the condition they have a big screen TV at the evening bash;).

So, will the World Cup take over your life for a month?

For me - I will ensure I see every England match and will do my best to see the likes of France, Brazil, Italy and the other 'big guns'. Although, it does help that me and Aardvark (the real Mrs H!) will be on holiday for two weeks during the tournament. Totally intentional - no distractions.

Bring it on!
  2. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Well those matches you are talking about, Germany v Costa Rica and Poland v Ecuador are the opening matches on June 9th thats the same night as the Whit Friday contests.
    I wonder if we will see bands marching down with portable tv's or radios and earphones.
    At least there might be a few less ttrouble making yobs around. (No I don't mean drunken bands people - I mean the herberts who hang round the park at Upper Mill etc.)l
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

So will any bands be playing "Three Lions"?:rolleyes:
  4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I will not miss any England game no matter what. I'll be watching every single other game if I have no band commitments but will watch the highlights for those.

I've bought The Sims2 nighlife add-on for Mrs Womble so I've got the TV for myself for a month!

Can't wait now!
  5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Are the matches on proper telly, or sky? If on proper telly then I shall try to watch all the games, if on sky, then I won't see any.
  6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

All world cup games are on terestrial television as they are on the list of sports that should be available to all. BBC and ITV are showing them all between them
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'll probably try and see as many games as I can without driving Deb start staring bonkers...It looks like I'm gonna be driving back up from Norwich during Englands second game tho!!! :( Flippin work! :mad:
  8. Jamie

Jamie Member

I'll probably see more at work than at home... they've installed some screens around the restaurant (only small ones though...) probably just to ensure that there isn't a sudden run of sicknotes! There's a guy I work with who's booked off every major game, and wont be missing them for anything.

Personally, I find I can't really get into games where I don't know any of the players or the result doesn't make a big difference, so I'll probably stick to the highlights of those... otherwise, if I'm not working and watching it there, I'll be in the pub with my nose to the big screen... but I certainly wont put my life on hold for it... then again, I don't know anyone who wont be watching the games, so unless I want to be a complete billy no mates I'll have no choice but to watch!!
  9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

As a confirmed football hater, I shall be avoiding them all unless I am very unlucky!
  10. el maestro

el maestro Member

I can't! :( My prom's on the night of the first one - 30th June.
  11. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Contrary to belief, there is electricity in our fair county, and therefore a big screen somewhewre. Enjoy you time in Norwich, and don't forget to pop by Carrow Road and bow down ;) ;)
  12. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Despite being a woman ;) I will watch as many matches as I can. Obviously I'm not that obsessed that I will miss band commitments or work, well maybe work :eek:. However, I am sure that if any England matches are on during a band rehearsal, the rehearsal may be cancelled or rearranged! There are many avid football supporters in our band, including the conductor!
  13. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Lympstone have already had to cancel a Harrogate fund raising concert because there's a football match on that day. England are playing I think...:rolleyes:;)

I'll probably watch all the England matches I can, but will be putting band and work first! :)
  14. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Unless you've got a digital telly where you can do the red-button thingy, it's impossible to watch all of the matches.

The last of the Group matches in each group are played at the same time ;)
  15. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Simple answer..................2 tellys. One on ITV and the other on BBC as you can be sure they will be showing the different matches.
  16. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

First what? Quarter final?

England's first game is the 10th.
  17. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

I remember playing a concert many years ago that coincided with an England game. We had one of those little battery operated TVs on the music stand so we could watch the game whilst we played. Then, between pieces, we would pass a note around with the score to our mates on the cornet section. They were too busy playing to actually watch the game whilst it happened!
  18. BA Baritone

BA Baritone Member

So who is watching the friendly game tonight? See what Sven does without Rooney and who he plays in key roles?
  19. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Hopefully I shall watch NONE :tongue: unfortunately it may be on in our house for most matches :mad:
  20. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

But i'm not playing the Sims2 when England are playing!! I wouldn't miss them play for anything :clap: :clap: