Will anyone be at Burton on Saturday ?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by stevetrom, Mar 2, 2004.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I know some of us will beplaying but with only 1 section on and the lack of facilities will anyone be listening ?

p.s. and where will you be drinking - after playing of course
  2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I'll be there for a listen and a few :guiness
    the question is which pub will you all be ending up in?
  3. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

depends on where we are drawn

we have a room at the brewery whicj supplies our band club so we may go there if we have time

if not we found a pub not too far away - alas it was very full of bandsmen drinking instead of listening !
  4. sparkling_quavers

Yep, problem is the pubs are all tiny around there.... full with one band!

There is a dodgy-ish looking place opposite the carpark which is down the side of the Town Hall. Also they have a pool table :twisted: or some nicer places (if my mind serves me correctly) when u go left out of the town hall, down past the carpark, left at the traffic lights and follow the road down...

Saying all that the dodgy-ish one is the nearest so I imagine I will end up there! :lol:
  5. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Suggest you visit Matt & Ivor on the World of Brass trade stand at some stage!
  6. sparkling_quavers

Yes I meant to introduce myself at Preston but I was distracted by listening to the bands *cough* bar
  7. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

It was Bram and Jon at Preston.
  8. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

We will be there on the Saturday night. It was a close call between going home to drink, or stay in Burtonm and drink, so Burton it is :D :guiness

Think you will find me with sparkly, sistanora and backrow BB in some dodgy pub in the middle of town until I get kicked out :p

If we sober upm then we will make it to the sections the following day. Champrionship section should be no problem, but I will endeavour to get up early to help the Twigges eat all of their famed picnic :p
  9. rach marriott

rach marriott Member

I'll be there over the weekend, meeting up with a few old banding buddies!

No drinking though, as I've got to travel back & forth to my parents house.... ah well!

Not sure which pubs people will frequent, so I'll do the rounds for all of them... ha ha!

See you there troops!
  10. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Alas not this weekend, but I'll be there both days next weekend (I'm playing in the 2nd section on the saturday, and Dad and sister are playing in the 4th on Sunday).
  11. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Are you coming in the dronfield coach on the Sunday?
  12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I'll be there in the afternoon. Probably in a bar drowning my sorrows if you believe what the guys from 4barsrest say!! :(
  13. I will be there on Sunday 14th playing with Kirkby in the 4th Section!!!!
    Would go and watch before but off the football watch forest play Home and Away !!!!!!!!!!

Please vist 4barsrest.com for your Band for this months area!!!!
    2nd Baritone
    Kirkby Band
    Butlins Mineworkers 2003 4th Section Champions
  14. schilke

schilke New Member

will anyone be at burton on saturday

will be there on saturday with Nottingham Transport Band and hope to be in the pub later.
    Schilke :lol: :lol: :lol:
  15. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

I'll be there on Sunday for the 3rd and maybe some of the Championship section.

See you there :D
  16. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I'm hoping to get across some time tomorrow to support the 1st Section. Will be there all day on Sunday and will be there the following weekend to lend support to the remaining sections.

The sooner the Midland Area Committee can get all the sections on the same weekend the better.

17. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

We have a rehearsal Sat morning at 9.30am (cruel aren't I!) and then I hope to pop over to Burton, but I have to be at Thoresby at 6pm!

good luck to all those playing at the areas this year!