Wilkinsons - Watering Hole With Sky Sports Wanted!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Wonky_Baton, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

I am going to Wilkinsons with Dunston but Sky have nabbed Sunderland v Ipswich for a twelve noon kick off on the same day and I had to give my season ticket away!!

Thankfully we should have played long before kickoff but can anyone recommend a pub in St Helens with a big screen showing the match, cheap wholesome beer, free snacks and buxom barmaids in bikinis - please let me know. If not a pub with the match on will do but as near as possible to where the contest is held so there will some atmosphere!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wilkinsons
    Ipswich
    Sunderland
    Sky Sports
    Dunston
  3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I didn't realise they were showing non-league football nowadays on sky these days alan..... ;)

4. andyp

andyp Active Member

After racking my hazy memory, I think there's one round the corner approx 150 yds from the theatre, but I'll check at rehearsal tonight and see if anyone can confirm if there is and what it's called!

5. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

the Swan. thats generally were most of the banders go but there's is a pub in the high street called the nelson that will deffo have it on.

6. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

It's called the Swan. They can't even afford to have the toilet rolls replenished never mind have Sky TV!!!!

Try Chicago Rock, Yates or as Paul said The Nelson. these are all quite away...but for £10 entry and supply your own booze...(1bag of blue Doritos between you all) you can all come to my house to watch the match!

I'll try and think of some directions to the Nelson and that end of town and post them here before Sunday.

7. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Since the beatiful blues are slaughtering that Lowly Pompey Scum on saturday, I need to find a pub on sunday playing the Andy Fordham vs Phil 'The Power' Taylor Match?? Its Pay Per View!! Any suggestions??

8. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

I didn't realise they were showing non-league football nowadays on sky these days alan.....

The way Graeme Sourface, Anal Shearer and Bellendarby are going about things you might be non League before us Mate :)

9. dave jake

dave jake Member

Alan you may be the conductor and we d follow you to hell and back but theres no way I m watching ****** Sunderland

10. geordiecolin

Well said Mr Jake!!!! Don't let him influence you with his mackemness!!!

11. hornblower

hornblower Member

well we took over half of the swan and Wonky got to watch his match!!! (No one else was really watching it, but think he got away with minimum stick!)

Great driking sesh and it was good to be warm after freezing to death at the contest...

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wilkinsons
    Ipswich
    Sunderland
    Sky Sports
    Dunston
  13. geordiecolin

I'm quite sure he's well used to being the only Sunderland fan. ;)

14. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i do apologise for lying - the swan does have a TV....ooopsie!