Wilkinsons Contest 2008

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Aaron, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member

Hope someone can help me on this one...
    Does anyone have contact details for entering this contest? I have had a look on 4barsrest but there doesnt seem much on there, & does anyone know when the closing date for entries is?
  2. Bassbones

Bassbones Member

The contest is ran by ourselves although I am unsure of this years arrangements. I will make enquiries tomorrow evening at rehearsal and let you know the details then.

Darren Samuel

Rainford Band,Press and publicity officer.
  3. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

As an aside to the topic, isn't it frustrating when you aren't informed of future arrangements, but every one expects you to publicise them.:rolleyes: The date of the contest though, as far as I am aware (I did get told that one) is Sunday 16th of November.
  4. markyboy

markyboy Member

Usually contest entry forms are sent to your registration secretary , and I have have always found that the North West contest team are very good at sending them out to people .

If you were to contact them I'm sure they would put you on their mailing list .

The contest is 16th November 2008 and its ' Own Choice '. Its run by Rainford Band , and their contact is Phillip Upton , who's number is 01744 29064 ( according to the entry form ) but I think there could be a number missing ?.

Anyway , if you want a copy of the entry form just let me know .

Cheers Mark .
  5. NAS

NAS Member

I don't have my phone handy to check the number but I'm pretty sure its right as I've found it strange in the past that the number is so short :)
  6. eanto

eanto Member

Hi NAS, met briefly at Stevenage, ex-Rainford!

Our you conducting GUS now? :clap:
  7. NAS

NAS Member

Me? :-S You sure you met me at Stevenage? I didn't go. Still at Rainford.
  8. NAS

NAS Member

To be fair the contest is run by Rainford Band (IE stewarding)... The contest is organised by NW Counties and therfore not down to Rainford PR to publicise. :)