Wigan Jazz Festival 2005

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by AndyCat, Mar 27, 2005.

1. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Just a heads up that the Wigan Jazz Festival this year (July 9th-16th) is a great one!

The band I play with (Wigan Jazz Club Big Band) are backing James Morrison on Friday the 15th, and there are also appearances by:

The Woody Herman Orchestra
    The Mingus Big Band
    The Count Basie Orchestra
    Manhattan Transfer

as well as many fringe events!

see http://www.wiganjazzclub.co.uk/ for all the details!
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... looks good again for this year, Andy! Had a quick browse and one outfit caught my eye .... High Brass !!!! Interestingly, I have never heard of them until your link ... marching brass instruments used instead of normal brass and reads. Should be a blast! :)

3. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Due to a collapse of their tour, the Woody Herman Band are no longer appearing at the festival.

Their 2 nights have been filled by the BBC Big Band, and the Andy Prior Orchestra.

James Morrison is still appearing tho! If you saw Dyke with him last week, you know what to expext, but with us he played on nearly every number last time, including the Tenor Horn, Euph, Piano, Flugel, Trumpet, Trombone and if I remember correctly, sax as well!

Come along and see more of the Wizard from Oz!

4. Hey andy, any idea roughly what time your concert with James Morrison will be on the 15th July? Thanks x
  5. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Yep, usually 8pm! Tickets are going fast though.
  6. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Lol, looks like the James Morrison fan club will be there!