Wierd Superstitions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Just wondering if you have any major superstitions, eg walking under ladders, breaking windows...here is a couple of mine:

1) Ever since going out with this one lass who kept pulling me off of the three drains in a row as its unlucky, as a result everytime I see them I avoid them... :shock:

2) I will not walk under ladders or scaffolding, dunno why just have always avoided them.... wierd!!!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ladders
    major superstitions
    windows
    Wierd Superstitions
    drains
  3. missflugel

missflugel Member

Magpies.

1 for sorrow
    2 for joy

sadly during my exams a magpie made a nest outside my room and had no luck with lady friends, damn it!!!

Jo x

4. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

Andy Euph
    eugh....surprised u didnt see that nadia :oops: [/code]

5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

beurgh..
    soz missed it.. doran should have spotted it

6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

What can I say, the lass in question will always hold a place in my heart...amongst other things :twisted:

7. Toni2

Toni2 Member

My mum is tiny (well not tiny 4'11", but smaller than me) and made me laugh once when she said she never walks under black cats!! :shock:
    My mum's ace!
    :lol:

8. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

:D All mum's are ace Toni as they have so many skills...washing,cooking,cleaning etc :twisted:

9. rutty

rutty Active Member

I've never been superstitious, and I hope never to be, touch wood ;)

10. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I've only got 2 superstitions, and they are: NEVER NEVER allow an umbrella to be put up indoors, and I never take 3rd light for a fag.

11. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Sorry mate, just spotted it. I'm not the official inuendo mod you know!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ladders
    major superstitions
    windows
    Wierd Superstitions
    drains
  13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I reached post 666 and freaked out. :(

14. Nat

Nat Member

i'll tell her you said that :roll:

15. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Dunno why but my sister has a superstition tonever trust a guy who's eyebrows meet in the middle or who's hair is longer than hers. :shock:

And before you ask no she hasn't been diagnosed with any mental problems :!:

16. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

My parents hit me with this one years ago. I've never heard mentioned outside the family, but everyone IN the family believes it.

After dinner, if you leave your knife and fork crossed, you'll cause the next argument

17. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Slightly different take on that one. I was always led to believe that it wasn't knife and fork it was just knives (crossed knives, cross words is how the saying goes) and not just after dinner either, anywhere!!!

Puss

18. six pints

six pints Active Member

we had it in middle school but it was that they would have an accident.

my mam has a couple, like saying pig on a friday, and shoes on tables.

19. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

dont really have any. i dont like umbrellas being put up indoors, but thats only because they get in the way.
    if theres a ladder in my way on the path i'll walk under it coz i'm too lazy to walk round it. :roll:
    the only thing that worries me about one magpie or 2 or wotever is whether they r gunna poo on ur head.
    and i continually walk over 3 drains in a row on the way to school (much to the disgust of my best friend)

20. trombelle

trombelle Member

gotta wear my ring on my left hand, middle finger every single day. only comes off for showers and bed time :)

oh and its got little musical notes all around it and two certain ones have to be facing upwards or it just feels funny :?

21. d'oh, where's me shaver

22. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Ditto ... damn facial hair ... :D