Widor Toccata

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by dwltrumpet, Feb 2, 2009.

1. dwltrumpet

dwltrumpet New Member

I have recently purchased the Widor Toccata arranged by Sparke. In the published version that I got, I noticed that the percussion parts are tacet. Every recording that I have of this has percussion parts playing along. Any help on where to get these would be greatly appreciated.

2. barkiniron

barkiniron New Member

I'm pretty sure that Widor wrote this for organ and it didn't have a separate percussion part! :mad:

3. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

James Watson wrote some percussion parts for the piece when he was at Black Dyke. Those are the only ones I know about. Please feel free to add some if you wish!

4. alanl58

alanl58 Member

I know this is an old thread dwltrumpet, but did you have a problem with the bass parts?

We have just bought this for a concert in February, and discovered that the Eb and Bb Bass parts had been incorrectly annotated!

Anyone else noticed that they had been swapped?

Alanl58

5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

How do you mean incorrectly annotated? Like the BB part was headed with 'Eb bass' and vice versa?

Have to say I've played this one a number of times and never noticed that.....

6. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Yes, that's correct, the Eb part was marked Bb, and the Bb part marked Eb....

Maybe older versions were ok?