Widescreen suddenly Too wide?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rapier, May 20, 2008.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

tMP has gone weird on e. I use Widescreen Clean but it's decided to be half as wide again. Any reason for this?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Widescreen Clean
    tMP
    Widescreen
    reason
  3. andyp

andyp Active Member

Gone weird on me too - the ads have gone off to the left bottom and made everything too wide. Threads have stayed the same width though - very odd.

4. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Me too.

Thought my 'puter had gone bannanas!

Has something been changed? And if so, please change it back.

5. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

And me. I really ripped into the kids for mucking about with the pc. Looks like I may well be buying lots of ice cream in the near future.

6. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

it's done it to me too. It's quite irritating!

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

It's back to normal again, so thank you to whoever fixed it and/or stop fiddling with it in the future. :clap: :D

8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I dunno, we give you 50% extra free and you all moan about it!!! ;);)

Apologies for the problems - we're not quite sure what has happened to the page formatting, as nothing has been changed (a blip in the Matrix?), but we've made a temporary fix which appears to have worked. Please report back here if you continue to get problems. Oh and it would be a big help to us if you could tell us the style you are using together with the browser and your operating system.:tup

Cheers.

(Get me! As if I know what I'm talking about!!)

9. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

LOL

I had the problem on my laptop at work with Vista on it yesterday, but didn't have the problem on the PC at home with XP.

10. horn1

horn1 Member

I had the same problem the other day, it's fine now though. I use vista and internet explorer and I think tMP clean

11. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

OK, I can now see six ads above this quick reply box, three slightly to one side of the others but one row down!

I previously had just three ads next to each other on the left.

Something's changed.

Oh, and on the right of the bottom row is -->

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Widescreen Clean
    tMP
    Widescreen
    reason
  13. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Interesting, Mike. I had six ads earlier, but only three now - the opposite of what you're reporting. And I can also see the --> (which is probably a loose end tag from an HTML comment).

14. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Mike, for most people the problem seems to be solved now that John has done something to the template (I'm not sure what... ;) )

You should try a 'hard refresh" by pressing Ctrl-F5. that should clean the cache memory of your browser

15. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

I know that tMP probably needs the revenue from those adverts, however I don't see any. That is because I use Firefox with Addblock Plus installed. No annoying adds on any web page for me.
    Sorry Mike:oops:
    I know you need the cash from those adds, but no advert will ever make me go and buy something, even if I may want that something, I always go out and look around at what is on offer, usually for less than the advertised article. They have to pay for those adds somehow.

16. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Very sorry all about the current problems folks, I have had an initial look into what the problem might be, and in this case will admit that this time it has me foxed totally....

I have taken a look at the code and I just can't identify where the problem is, despite seeing the problematic issue myself. I have now asked for external help and advice. I'll get back to you as soon as I have a resolution, thanks for your patience.

We still need every penny we can get Nev, I appreciate that you have turned ads off which is fine, but it doesn't negate the fact that tMP is free to users, but it's not free to me... :)

17. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

All seems normal now (in a fairly loose sense of that word! :rolleyes:

Thanks John and all the team for all your dedication to tMP. Our lives would be a lot sadder without it.