Why so many people?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by HorniKaz, Jan 18, 2005.

1. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

BLIMEY!! Just signed on & was having a look at how many people are logged on. Why are they so many mid-week at 1.20pm? Are a lot of you students, people on lunch breaks, working from home etc?
    Personally, I'm at home recovering from having my gall bladder removed!! Everyone say Ahh!!! Please respond cos I'm feeling very sorry for myself....:-(

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Karen
    time
    Areas
    people
    Hope
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Karen, sorry you're under the weather. I'm fortunate that I can usually find a few minutes to post whilst at work, although I am actually on my lunch break at the moment ;)

4. rutty

rutty Active Member

If I didn't come on here what else would I do at work eh? ;)

Hope you're feeling better soon. That operation doesn't sound very pleasant at all! ;(

5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Get well soon Gall Bladder ops are painful..ouch

6. Di

Di Active Member

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

[​IMG]

I've just gone back to work having had 7 weeks off following a hysterectomy (but I don't work Tuesdays, thats why i'm on line today). Trust me, this lot will have you barking mad by the time you return to work. ;)

No seriously, can't think of a better way to recuperate than hang around here in the company of these lads and lasses. :biggrin: An excellent place to hang out is the Totally random and association threads area. :rolleyes: Hope you're soon feeling lots better. :p

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  7. HorniKaz

Feeling better already thanks to fellow tMPers replying to my thread. It's my 1st one!!! Oh. & lots of pain killers are helping too. Had the op Friday around 2.40pm & was home for Sat at 2pm! Talk about needing the beds!!! Going to be out of action, playing wise, for a few weeks which isn't a bad thing according to some!
    Thanks for my responses again. I feel like a proper member now! Yipee!!

8. Di

Di Active Member

Glad to be of service. :p

I don't think you'll be out of playing for too long. I had my first blow in the bands last christmas concert, after just 5 and a bit weeks. No problems at all. :p

9. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Sorry to hear you are not 100% but us lot on here will put you back to been 100% quicker than you think with responces of good wishes and GET WELL SOON.

I have got a weeks holiday so i can play at BUTLINS on Saturday:)
    But have good working hours normaly start at 5am finish at 12.00midday:)

Hope ypu will be ok for the AREA coming up

Ian Perks
    Gresley Old Hall Band

10. HorniKaz

Loved the big Ahh!! Very nice of you. Was that a full cut that you had to have? I've had my op done by keyhole surgery. Our MDs hoping I'll be ok for regionals which are in just under 8 weeks time. Might be pushing it! Our piece is a bit of a slog, no rests in at all, so I'm worried more in terms of stamina etc.

11. Di

Di Active Member

Yea, im afraid it was, a full 8 inches right across. :shock: Stamina wise, lots of rest in the daytime if you're going to band in the evening, you should be fine. I spent the first 3 or 4 weeks in and out of bed like a yo-yo. Its the good ole general anesthetic taking its toll. :-? Just make sure you use it as a good excuse to have everyone else run around after you and take it easy.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Karen
    time
    Areas
    people
    Hope
  13. HorniKaz

Definately not going to attempt band until after Preston contest. I'm trying to make the most of having people run around after me. My Mum came up yesterday cos it was my birthday & did all my washing/ironing/cleaning. Thinking of employing her on a permanent basis!!

14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

you've already had my 'aah' you're not havin another ****** one! :p
    hope ur back in action soon enough but not according to some does that make sense better put a full stop.

:tup tops! :tup

15. Di

Di Active Member

Aww, you're such a meany. ;) A gal can't have too many hugs and aaaahhhhs when she's poorly. Just look at all the fuss you fellas expect when you get a dose of "man flu" . :biggrin:

16. HorniKaz

Aidan is always a meany to me. He does love me really. If he didn't, I'd set my dog onto him next time I see him.:p (I pass A's house on my daily dog walk!)

17. Di

Di Active Member

Oooh, is it a big scarey doggie?

18. HorniKaz

He looks quite cute, like a Jack Russell on steroids!! But he's one mean b******! Aidan nearly found out once when he tried to make friends wih him! Soft as with us, not so good with strangers. It's a case of eat or be eaten where he's concerned!!!!!!

19. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I'm at work, if i'm not teaching I can normally log on in the prep room and have a quick catch up at college. On a Tuesday I teach an evening course so I will be here till 9.30 :-?. i do log on in the day on Monday's and Fridays because I don't work then yipee :-D

20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Why is it, right, that if someone has a hysterectomy, they always stay in bed for ages and take it easy (which is the correct way to do things), but friends of mine who've had C-sections want to be runnning around like SuperMums after 3 days. If I have another sprog it will be by C-section and I intend to make everyone run round after me for weeks.
    I had keyhole surgery a few years ago and even that made me feel weak and wobbly for a fortnight.
    BMB
    xx

P.S. Ahhhhhhhh. Biiiig Huuuug.

21. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Hope you manage to get up and about soon, Karen. (Make the most of it, it's not often that we get to lie around and have people run after us is it?) ;)

I have never been able to understand that either!

22. Di

Di Active Member

More or less what one of our doctors said when i went in after Christmas to pick up my HRT. Why haven't you done any lifting, why haven't you done any driving? If you'd had a c-section, you'd have been lifting a baby!

Then saw a different one a week later and he said, "do you swim? Swimming is good for the rebuilding of the stomach muscles, don't do anything like sit ups, thats too strenuous". :shock: Guess this is why they don't hand out a "what to do and what not to do" list of advice when you leave hospital!