why is your fave band your fave band????

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by leisa, Nov 10, 2003.

1. leisa

leisa Active Member

ok to avoid connfuzzlement ive put this here!!!

my fave band are blasck dyke beacause i was brainwashed at an early age (well 15) and i just think they are top!!!

soo...... :hammer

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    dyke
    connfuzzlement
    ive

neiltwist Active Member

mine used to be marple (was for a while), then faireys, then YBS, then Dyke...

but i think my favourite band is the one I'm playing for mostly!

4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I've a soft spot for YBS, dunno why, but I do.

5. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

My favourite band, well, bandS are:

Grimethorpe - Because they're so entertaining when they do concerts! :lol:
    Faireys - Because they play absolutely amazing! :shock:
    Fodens - Because I went on a training day with them and they were all really nice people and it's got to have been the best training day I've been on!! :bounce

6. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

as I am Scottish and not getting to hear many of the top English bands I will stick to homegrown bands:
    1. Kirky
    2. Whitburn
    3. Scottish Co-op.

If you read this Alexander fro Co, your solo at Whitburn left me gobsmacked, it was outstanding, oh and congratulatins on winning the British Solo Contest.

7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Fav bands are:
    YBS: wonderful modern sound!
    Grimethorpe: I have a number of their CDs, fantastic!
    Leyland: (of course... :p) Entertainment wise is the best!

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Although I have always had black dyke up on a pedistal, my favourite band has always been yorkshire imps, this mainly being dew to my 2nd cousin Ian playing solo horn for them some time ago.

Have always tried to keep an eye on them ever since. i can remeber sitting at home wotching them on that entertainment thing they had on telly years ago. I got really excited when he stood up there and played a solo (goodbye to love i think it was).

9. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Let me tell you a little bit about my favourite band...

I've known about them since I was a very young person, and once I started playing brass I always wanted to join them. They're a wonderful group of people - the team spirit in the band is amazing and they support each other no matter what.

You know what? I achieved that ambition - I play for them now....

I am truly proud to belong to tHB - I feel like I'm among friends and I'm so happy to be part of it.

Rach x

10. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

my fave band would be YBS - they have such an amazingly gorgeous sound in slow pieces.

11. Heather

Heather Member

YBS for me too.
    With Dave King at the helm they just can't go wrong for me.
    I've played under him and he just manages to bring out such fantastic music from the Band.
    Oh, the Band's got to be good too....which it is! (yes, even you, Aiden :D )

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    dyke
    connfuzzlement
    ive
  13. Well really I don't "support" any partic top band, but.......

For me it's Fodens

Why??

Harmony Music - they play it WOW!!

14. Jordan

Jordan Member

dun really support any other band apart from my own (BTM) the band is brilliant social wise and playing wise, though if your going for other band i like faireys purely because i love their recording of the devil and the deep blue sea :D

15. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

YBS, modern outlook on concert programs and performances. Wonderful players all round the stand!

16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

haha cheers, i think :p
    I may be biased ;) but il go for ybs too!

17. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I don't have a fave band, I enjoy listening to bands that are entertaining, and have that "WOW" factor about them when you hear them play.

18. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I don't kanow all too many UK Bands, though I am learning (thanks to all these wonderful posts.......now all I need, is a MAP!!!!!!). So I can only say I like the REALLY well known ones

Grimethorpe (like, hello?? Brassed Off????)
    YBS (David King, also an Aussie)
    Tredagar (My teacher taught me all about the Childs Brothers, and their roots)
    Killmarnock....I was in Singapore, and I bought an old record for AU$2. Who am I to complain????? They sound decent enuff!!

19. Grimethorpe are my fave, but i dont know whats going to occur after this weekend with conductors and all, but they've been awesome with professor cutt