Why...? How...? What's happening ...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 6, 2004.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thoughts to those who have lost their loved ones in todays dreadful rail crash at a level crossing in Berkshire...

"Several people have been killed and at least 130 injured after a train collided with a vehicle on a level crossing in Berkshire."

BBC coverage here... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3989277.stm

Apparantly there are still people trapped in thewreckage now... awful....

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    loved ones
    rail crash
    coverage
    BBC
    Thoughts
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Crumbs... how awful... my thoughts and prays go out to them

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I really hate to see something like this (100% avoidable if the driver of the auto wasn't selfish) happen. Nobody deserves this fate. Our prayers go out.

5. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

oh my gosh, that's terrible

My thoughts go to their families xx

6. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

You would think that the rail operators, and the government would have learnt something from the previous incidents of this nature, but somehow they do keep happening, and indeed the question why? needs to be asked time and again.

Either general safety of our railway crossings is abysmul or the general incompetence of train drivers/car drivers or whoever is responsible is needlessly wasting lives!

Our thoughts to the families for this tragedy.
    But the question will remain when and where is the next tragedy of this nature going to occur?

7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I was shocked to see the awful pictures when I got up this morning. It's too early to say exactly what happened.

My thoughts are with the families of those killed and injured.

8. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I saw the pictures and reports on Sky news not long ago - an absolutely awful incident to happen, my thoughts are with the families of the victims.