Why does the screen go strange?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dawnys_flug, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Can anyone tell me why the screen goes a bit jittery when you get a text or phonecall and your mobile is close to the screen?
    I'm guessing some sort of interference but being non-sciency i'm not sure!

:-D

2. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Interference yes, but not going into the techie stuff (yawn!)

Suggest not leaving your moby so close to the screen ? ;)

3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

it's basically microwaves (keep your phone close to your head for prolonged lengths of time and according to some scientific studies eventually you'll boil your brain).

Electromagnetic interferance. (It's also the reason they tell you to switch off your mobile on planes, in hospitals and at petrol stations, the interferance they cause is quite severe).

Look what it does to your pc and then imagine the effect it'll have on a life support machine or flight navigation system!!! Uurgh!!

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

it's similar to the effect of someone with their phone on silent in our lectures when the microphone suddenly goes crazy...

5. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

I think it's rather amusin.....that's why sometimes i deliberately leave my phone near the computer screen.

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I would try to avoid that... eventually it will kill ya monitor

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Yes - remember London Zoo lost one of their monitors a week or so back, so it can happen ;)

8. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Ummmm.....actually one of the first things London Zoo did when they had problems with their monitor was to 'phone me for advice..........

Ron Rees Davies (BVSc., CertZooMed., MRCVS..)

p.s. - I haven't noticed probs with my mobile, but I have a bunch of kids that enjoy riding up and down on their scooters outside my house and the noise when they overrev the engines sends lines across the TV screen.