Why does it always happen to me????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cornetgirl, Dec 13, 2004.

1. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I seem to be fated sometimes...

Thursday night - the Lord Mayor's charity celeb Carol Concert (OK, Mimi from Allo Allo but this is Hull for heavens sake!). Black trousers in wash so I go for the skirt option, safe in the knowledge I won't be alone cos the 2nd euph usually wears a skirt.

Only one in a skirt and to make matters worse we have to get to our seats by climbing up onto some staging and off again....so undignified.

Why does it always happen to me???

Rach x
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It's not just you rach...the number of times I've flashed some gusset cos I went for the mini is more than I'd care to mention.

Oh..no...ok...it's just you.
  3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Me too, only with me it's shoes. Sexy strappy stilettos mean either mud or pitch black steps, resulting in broken ankles and mud up to the hips.
    Boring (and slightly scuffed...) Doc Martens mean mega-posh concert with stage positioned so the the audience is at foot height.
    There is no Third Way...
  4. trombelle

trombelle Member

hehe no it's not just you cornet girl!!

i wore a skirt with bare legs and flip flops on one of our orchestra jobs in italy last summer (with the sexy orchestra tshirt of course!) and got there only to find that the set up was rubbish and half of us were sat in front of the stage and half were on the stage. guess who was on the stage, right at the front, facing the audience head on??? have you ever tried to play the trombone cross legged to keep your dignity whilst trying to avoid kicking the saxs in the head?!? not pretty!

so no....it happens to us all!
  5. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Don't worry Rach, I couldn't even begin to think of the number of times I've embarassed myself in an undignified manner, or been dressed totally inappropriately :rolleyes:

It happens to us all dear, enjoy it and remember you were the one looking sexy in a skirt, it's good to make an impression
  6. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Don't worry Rach, we all do things like this. Why only this Saturday night just gone I 'mooned' the Mayoress of Grimsby (with underwear, of course!! - er, I mean I had mine on, I don't know about her) as she came into the band changing room to congratulate the band on a fine performance, just as I happened to be changing from black to grey trousers...
    True story......

...I think she quite enjoyed it to be honest!!! :eek:

OK, so it's not quite that well linked, but I felt i should relate this story to you all!
  7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:lol: you kept that one quiet Iain!

Can't say the situation like Rach's would ever happen to me.... Being a drummer I tend not to wear skirts!.... ;-)
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

...and steps out from behind the kit in just a big pair of frilly bloomers!!
  9. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Ooh err, missus...
  10. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

have had some similar experiences in the orchestra- (not me of course.....!!)

when we went to poland i shared a room with one of the clarinet players, before we went we were told strictly to wear trousers, or if you were going to wear a skirt it had to be at least knee lenght and you MUST wear tights...respecting religion and all that! anyway, the clarinet player turned up in a skirt..with no black trousers...no tights...and no black shoes! only had a pair of reefs to wear with her very unsitable skirt! Kelly to the resuce with her 7 pairs of shoes and plenty of tights! :)
  11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:shock: :lol:
  12. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

hmmmm...wonder whats gonna happen on Thursday and Saturday then Rach...maybe somehow the 2nd and 3rd valves will be in the wrong valve cases or something like that... :p Who knows what nasties might happen ;)

Better be careful, there are some evil folk around... :-D
    Either that or your just cursed...in which case i'm bringing an exorcist along to the concerts.
  13. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Either that or the conductor of the Junior Band may meet a very messy end whilst announcing the raffle prizes.... :biggrin:

You have been warned....

Rach x
  14. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

ooooh a challenge! :D
  15. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

happened to me too!!!
    my black trousers were in the wash, so had to wear a (rather short, tight) black skirt instead... with heels coz DM's jus didnt look rite :rolleyes:
    started with a cornet feature on a high stage, with no steps to get up to it...... one of the bass players lifted me on to the stage in the end so i didnt flash the principal cornet :p :oops:

Always make sure i have a spare pair of black trousers on standby now!!!