Why do we get crushes! And at our age too!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Charmed, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Help!

I have developed a crush (severe) on David Boreanaz (Angel for those not in the know!) and at my age too! :eek:

Aren't crushes for teenagers? Am I having a second childhood? Is it normal and will it pass soon? I can't be having a crush on a celebrity at my age! My daughter thinks I've lost it! She's probably right, it must be the start of senile dementia! Is there any hope for me?

Please help....

Yours
    Hopelessly infatuated :oops:

2. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

My name is Jillian and I'd like to admit that my crush is on Arnold Vosloo, with or without hair... oooooooooooooooooo :)

3. rutty

rutty Active Member

When are they supposed to stop? I've not noticed any decline in crushes, it's just that the target of my ardour tends to be slighter older :)

4. jenzi

jenzi Member

That is understandable. David Boreanaz is gorgeous!

5. julestools

julestools Active Member

April here: Have thought David Boreanaz severely gorgeous ever since Buffy started (and all through Angel)- he has just got better and better. Am really upset that we don't get Sky One on our Freeview Box which means I can't see him in Bones. Hope it appears on a Freeview channel soon. Oh David - (sigh!! ) :oops:

6. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Ha! Just watched the lovely David in Bones! :tongue: Gorgeous as ever! The fluttering in my stomache is just about back to normal! Hope I see him in my dreams tonight. ;)

7. Steve

Steve Active Member

Deary me. If this was us men folk talking about 'insert hotties name here' we would be slated!!! Equality, pft!

8. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

About time us women had our say! :biggrin:

9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I have to say...I avoided this thread for a long time because I thought you had a crush for me and wasn't quite sure how to handle it ;-)

Actually, if you're not finding others attractive (at any age) it probably means your old!!

10. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

CHARMED, you think you have problems? I am a heterosexual guy who has a crush on JOHNNY DEPP :biggrin: I have a problem with PATRICK SWAZEY too, mind you, me and he are the same age, no comparison eh?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    David Boreanaz
    Angel
    YoursHopelessly
    crush
    start of senile dementia
  12. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Aw, Tim Thanks, now I feel a lot better! ;) I too had a crush on Patrick Swazey, admittedly, it was in his Dirty Dancing days, come to think of it, that film still does it for me now! :biggrin:

13. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Well of course! That goes without saying! :biggrin:

14. julestools

julestools Active Member

Dear wife
    I am very glad you put your name to that post.

xx

Jules

15. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I don't think the word 'crush' is a strong enough word for Girls Aloud and Me. :D

And David Boreanaz is just another podgy actor! :p

16. Di

Di Active Member

*slips off topic to pose question*
    Howzabout signing up with your own membership April? :) You'll be more that welcome, provided you can keep the other half off the computer long enough. ;)

*slips back on topic again. *

17. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

No good you slipping off topic sneakily like that Mumsie - we spotted you!

I must admit, I had to read that post by April twice because I couldn't believe that Jules was posting it! :tongue: Wasn't till the second time through I noticed that it was April!

Although it wasn't as scary as Timbone's post :eek:

18. persins

persins Member

Agreed!

Not sure I've had a crush on someone for ages... no wait... the girl from the canteen just walked by!!! Doh!

19. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

20. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

i think they call timbone's type metro-sexual! I don't know, there are more names for things these days...lol...

good on ya timbone, there's no need to be shy about things like this, it's whether you act on them when it becomes a problem.....

I think Johnny Depp has just found out who his stalker is.....hahaha

I must say, Davd Boreanaz's name does get "banded" about a bit. bit of stuff me thinks!

21. Tinkabell

Tinkabell Member

Well, one of my sayings:
    'If you cant get someone off your mind they are probably supposed to be there'! :tongue:
    You're never too old to have a crush, if its not hurting anybody. Enjoy!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    David Boreanaz
    Angel
    YoursHopelessly
    crush
    start of senile dementia