Why can't i see the best job in banding thread?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by LilMissFlugel, Jun 24, 2008.

1. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

I was looking through the new threads and i saw the best job in banding one, but it's filtered on the school computers.
    No other thread has ever been blocked,so why is that one? :confused:

Elly.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Elly
    best job
    school computers
    new threads
    ca
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

I would hazard a guess that it's because it contains a reference to B O O B S & Brass, and so the filtering software at your school blocks it.

4. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

Ohhh, i guessed it would be something like that, but i can't see the thread so i couldn't see what it was.
    Filters are so irritating!

5. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Anyway why aren't you at class?, naughty naughty?:biggrin:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  6. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Yay! Im not the only one who goes on Tmp at school!:biggrin:
    I hate it that the computers filter everything too:mad:

7. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

I used to go on tMP at school... then the awful new technician put filters on everything! tMP was banned, as was google images (useless- we always got asked to find pictures in class and it took 10 times longer) and every other site that we might actually want to visit!
    Honestly, the ICT rooms at school make you feel like you're on Big Brother.

8. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

We don't have google images filtered but we do have windows search thing images filtered. Annoying, because we have a bar at the top which i always type in assuming it's google and then everythings filtered!
    At least i can go on the rest of tmp :D

9. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

I would say I'm jealous that you can get tMP at school... but I had my last GCSE yesterday so I don't have to worry about going to school until September now!

10. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

I suppose if i was desperate to see anything i could just remove the filters, not sure it's worth possibly getting in trouble for...

11. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Oooh don't. My experience of IT technicians in school is that they are absolutely terrifying and would most likely chuck you in a pond full of piranhas if you dare interfere with their work!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Elly
    best job
    school computers
    new threads
    ca
  13. x..Emma..x

x..Emma..x Member

Think yourself lucky you can get on tmp :)
    At our school, almost EVERYTHING is blocked.
    Trying to get on a site to do coursework the other day, and that was blocked, what use is that?
    Tmp, all networking sites (myspace etc), google, google images, even CBBC is blocked!
    Not that i try to get on there... :oops:
    Hehe.
    Schools are a pain, yeah, they should filter some things, but surely tmp is educational, and it should let us on! =]

Emma x

14. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Huh! When I was at school, computing meant writing FORTRAN on coding sheets...

Mind you, many brass bands were still high pitch (and percussion-less), petrol was a few shillings a gallon, and we had to dodge the occasional T Rex when we walked home from school at lunchtime...

And a bar of chocolate was 3d :biggrin:

15. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

You guys make me feel old!! I left school and we did'nt have IT then!! Let alone pcs!!!

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

We weren't allowed to use computers when I was at school, and they were called Calculators back then too. ;)

17. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

We weren't allowed calculators when I was at school, and they were called fingers back then. :wink:

18. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

Everything like bebo and myspace are filtered, but you would expect that. Also anorexia is blocked, so doing an anorexia project for science, and doing research on the school computers isn't very easy.
    At one point, when they were changing the filtering system, the techers had it first. So the teachers had more filtered than the students.

19. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Wait 'til you get to college : )
    I've finished now, but NOTHING was filtered at my college.
    Though I guess if you stay at school but start 6th from it may be different....
    Move to Cornwall-everything is much more fun!

20. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I do, the best thing i do is listen to the teacher to undrestand the subject we are doing, log on to Wikipedia, do a search for that topic and then go on tMp. never been caught once, only grassed up by my more b**chy classmates and got in trouble for internet abuse. Internet Abuse??!! :confused: I Haven't hurt mr Internet's feelings or broking Mr Internet's left arm, so how is it Internet Abuse?

21. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  22. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

I've been done for internet abuse too.
    Except it wasn't just tmp, i got rid of the filters and went on bebo and tried to download msn.
    Luckily i didn't get into much trouble, the teacher just wanted to know how i did it and said i was very clever.