Why are we so polite here ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by stevetrom, Oct 1, 2004.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I also post on some sites, mostly football related, and I am pleasently surprised at how polite the discussions here generally remain.

Is this because banding is such a small world that we are all bound to meet sometime ?

Or are bandsmen (and women) just nice people ?
  2. jpbray

jpbray Member

Most musicians (any genre other than some rock bands) aren't rough *bleeped*. :)

Kepps: Don't try to beat the bleeper please.. it's a principle thing..
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2004
  3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Just because we are nice......GOT IT MUSH? :rolleyes: :-D
  4. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Could also be because we have moderators who actually care about keeping things in check.
  5. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Behave, or we shall Blast thee...

nothing like the threat of gbh to keep things nice and friendly.. .;)

Seriously, it's because (apart from the odd spanner) folks at tMP are just a good bunch of people.. ;)
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thanks Robert for that comment... it is always great for our mods to get some recognition and consideration for what they do... they really do work hard to maintain the integrity of tMP and I am very grateful to them all for for so doing.

Stevetrom: Many thanks go to you too, for your kind comments. It could also be down to the fact that we all work hard to enforce a strict 'family friendly' code of conduct on tMP. We welcome heated discussions on any subject really, but flaming, offensive, or objectionable posts are usually picked up and dealt with very effectively and quickly by the team... which I think is something that tMP'ers really appreciate.

7. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

You said it boss man!!!!

It's nice to be able to talk without the fear of being beaten up just 'cos you think differently to someone else.

I'll agree with anyone bigger than me. Small people have to pay :)
  8. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Yes, we do (I'll speak for everybody, I doubt there will be much dissent :) )

I've been on many different forums, on many different subjects, and this is by far the best-moderated. The mods on this forum always seem to be around, but don't get in the way of the fun. That's a delicate balance to maintain.
  9. Libby

Libby Member

I agree with all the above, but have to say it's most likely because we are all simply lovely jubbly people!!:D :D :D :D :D
  10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Now wait just one cotton-pickin'-minute there. tMPers are some of the hardest, roughest meanest people on the planet. I mean, some of us grew up on the mean streets of Shrewsbury fer crying out loud! Anyone who says different will get plugged fuller of holes than a week-dead rattlesnake that's been eaten by termites. Just as soon as I've finished my Ovaltine....
  11. mikelyons

Now calm down mama they doan' mean nuthin' these 'ere furriners

12. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, when the European Brass Band Championships were organized in Brussels a few years ago, we had to take even more safety precautions than for the Euro 2000 football championships. All those brass band hooligans... :evil:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  13. mikelyons

And no doubt all those Belgian breweries complained all the way to the bank ;)
  14. Di

Di Active Member

Its cus we're all sooo lovely and we've got really nice, good moddy peops to keep us in check if we decide not to be lovely. :p :D ;)
  15. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Hear, Hear!!!
  16. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

You're just biased;)
  17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Me? Nice? You just come and say that to my face!
  18. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

when and where???
  19. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

**in ardeset Dawley Bank voice** rite next Wem concert me and thee outside, knuckle dusters optional. oh and ya mite wana ring the hospital and warn em your popin in!

20. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

had a nice hip-hop gent in the union last night tell me to "stop giving it" or he would "take me outside"... not sure what this means, but he seemed friendly enough...