Why are Sundays so boring?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by The-Wee-Timpanist, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Anyone else find this?

I absolutely dread Sundays, especially at the moment with the whole petrol crisis going on so I tend not to go anywhere. They drive me up the wall, just sitting in the house or the garden. Then the parentals ask whats wrong and you say, "I'm bored" and the usual reply is "well, do your ironing!" - tell me how that is something exciting and interesting?!

You can't really go to the pub -the pub I consider my "local" is 7 miles away - because the buses only run every like 3 hours! So its granted I'm more than likely to miss the last one home.

Rant over! :lol:
  2. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Our Sunday for the next several weeks are not going to be boring, including this one. Did a brilliant concert late this afternoon, with a small band doing a hymn service earlier in a local chapel. Next weekend Sunday, a march and hymn service, and similar the Sunday after that, with a march and concert on the Saturday. Then it gets quiet in July with as yet no jobs at all till August.
  3. hicks

hicks Member

You mean you didn't watch that exciting tennis match today? There's also plenty of interesting football matches to watch at the moment with Euro 2008 going on.
  4. Most our band engagements this Summer are on Saturdays (galas etc.) which is a bit of a pain because I'm seriously running out of holidays at work!

Just gazing at the list on my notice board we don't seem to have much on in July but I imagine it'll soon fill up with rehearsals for the Nationals.

Hicks, I'm only interested in football if its Gretna and well, we no longer have a team. :frown:
    I didn't even know there was tennis on. I did watch a soap omnibus... but I fell asleep!
  5. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

The US Open golf tourney too!

But Sundays I like. Quiet -- and I love to read in the quiet. I rarely turn my TV on (I like Sci-Fi so that is shown a lot late at night -- and the Euro Football I enjoy -- partly because before is comes on I usually get to see an episode of "Dr. Who".

But with the hustle and bustle, it is nice to just sit back and enjoy the day. But some are more or less addicted to "activity". Not me. I go to church, so that takes up the morning. But the rest of the day -- I tend to make Barnes and Noble (a huge bookstore chain in case you never heard of them) happy.
  6. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Rach, Come on! Sunday's rock! Start your day with the Hollyoaks omnibus in yer Pjs (preferably still in bed). Get up, do very little of consequence. If the pub is too far away then have a skinful at home if ur that way enclined!:guiness

If you fall asleep during any TV who cares, you must need it! Then, by the evening if you have digital there is all kinds of joy such as the replay of Chuck on Virgin one and all the lady-friendly cheese on E4! Actually this might be all wrong since the restarting of Big Bother:mad: . No idea what's on terrestrial but there's always a dvd? Also sunday night is good for Ice cream and doing your nails, with a facepack on! Cooking is optional, although takeaways are always preferential.

Take pity on those of us that get very few sundays off. Maybe we appreciate them more cos they're few and far between???:dunno

7. leisa

leisa Active Member

We have band on sunday 7-9 so they arent usually boring at all, then we go and sit in the pub afterward!

When i didnt have band on sunday, the above usually worked quite well :-D
  8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Enjoy the boredom while you can cause at some point in your life you'll long for a Sunday without kids to run around, gardening to do, houses to clean, band jobs to squeeze in around all the DIY which needs doing........

OMG I beginning to sound like my parents :eek: now I KNOW I'm officially old :( :(
  9. I think I'd quite like band rehearsals on a Sunday night be a good way to start the week and at the end have a few wee drinks...
  10. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Ive got band every weekend for a longtime so i'm busy on my weekends!!!
  11. leisa

leisa Active Member

yeah i like it cos your more awake at weekend as well, plus it feels like you only have one rehearsal a week really, plus cos ew finish at 9 usually everyone goes to the pub afterward, theres no excuse cos its not too late in the day...
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

They're not boring, they're precious sanctuary from the rest of the week.
    (wouldn't mind another rehearsal on sunday evenings tho...3 a week would be brilliant!) :tup
  13. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Couldn't cope with band on a Sunday. Maybe because i work a lot of them but I can't normally be bothered leaving the house after 5 on a sunday (unless it's to get takeaway)!;)
  14. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

See my previous post re sylph-like figures and ten Foden's seats....

(Doesn't run and hide - catches long-distance bus instead...:))
  15. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Deek! U can run but u can't hide! remember i know where u live!
    Do u really want to mess with my "un-sylph-like" Figure?????:hammer

Do u????
  16. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

(Apologises from seat 17A on the Penzance overnight bus....)
  17. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

How long since u got on? Am sure i could catch up..... seat 17a you say? Think ur fibbing unless they're doing wifi on public transport now???:cool:
  18. Kaskaey

Kaskaey Member

i was going to say that your bored because there not band practise on sundays! :D but clearly that has fallen through as it seems lots of people do indeed have practises on sundays! erm sundays... mmmm sleepy time!!
  19. cornydevil

cornydevil Member

Sundays are boring?

Ah, you need to get yourself down to Blackburn and Darwen Band then. We rehearse Sunday evenings 7-30 till 9-30 followed by the pub! (and Wednesdays)
    Oh, and our solo trombone player travels down from Ayeshire every sunday night to attend rehearsals....but he is a bit mad!
  20. leisa

leisa Active Member

She might have a bit too far to travel, if she were gonna do that she may as well join Grange Moor ;-p