Whose going to the Brass Festival this weekend...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DublinBass, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Whose going to the Brass Festival this weekend...

in Seattle?

Actually Diana is off to the RNCM with her friend Laura and I am sad I won't be there :(

However, I will be at the Northwest Brass Band Festival in Seattle...

we just went from the same time zone to 8 hours apart:sup

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    QUOTE=SADrummerJones
    Eden
    Brass Festival
    thing
    weekend
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Does anyone know if there are any trade stands at the festival?

4. DublinBass

At RNCM there have been some...they are usually by the top theatre entrance.

I don't know about the Seattle Festival though.

5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Assuming you mean Manchester not Seattle, yes there are; on the upper level by the "back" entrance to the Haden Freeman hall.

I'm going to BAYV on Saturday pm and Dyke on Sunday evening, plus the composers workshop on saturday morning if I can fit it in. I'd go to everything but 'er indoors would open a can of whup'ass...:mad:

6. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

World of Brass will be at the RNCM. Also in attendance are Yamaha, Rosehill Instruments, The Brass Herald and a couple of others the names of which I can't remember at this point.

7. HSB

HSB Member

Does anyone know if there are any trade stands at the festival?

Are you saying that if there aren't, you won't go. Or, if there are, you expect them to be a certain standard?

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

It was just a passing comment. Why do you always have to be so confruntational??

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  9. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

Sorry if this is a daft question, but will these stands be up on friday around the Grimey concert, or will they only be doing the saturday/sunday?

10. DublinBass

If I remember from years past...there were some up on the friday, but the time and duration they are up may vary by vendor.

11. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Ben, don't let Wambander get to you! Frustrated people like to wind other people up! ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    QUOTE=SADrummerJones
    Eden
    Brass Festival
    thing
    weekend
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

S'ok, thanks Susan, Am calm now... you should have seen my first draft, and her response before it was modded.

Gotta leave in an hour to get to London to catch my coach to Manchester (£16 rtrn but loooong journeys!), so I can buy some CDs!

So tarra (as Seedhouse would say!)

Ben

14. Steve

Steve Active Member

Because anonymously slating everyone and everything is so much easier than having the balls to turn round and say "Hi, Im ........ and I think ..."!! Hiding behind a dodgy picture and starting arguments on internet forums for absolutely no reason other than personal gratification appears to give some people more gratification than being a constructive part of a group / team. God help their back row colleagues!

15. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Topic please....

16. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I knew that wouldn't take long

17. Steve

Steve Active Member

Should I start a seperate thread comparing the benefits of construcitve criticism and the pointlessness of outright rudeness Kepp? Didnt think a new thread was worth it but im afraid that had to be said.

18. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

It would certainly make for lively discussion Steve! :)
    I'm not asking everyone to ignore the parallel discussion that has sprung up here. Indeed, if people feel (and they may seem to) that it's worth discussing further, then please do continue, but keep this particular thread for the original topic please.

Kepps

19. WorldofBrass.com

World of Brass will be in situ in time for the Grimethorpe concert.
    As well as our usual massive choice of CDs and DVDs, we'll have study scores of Journey to the Centre of the Earth on sale.

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Will they be generally available via the SP&S shop or online, as my biggest disappointment at the last couple of Areas has been the absence of study scores ?

21. WorldofBrass.com

They should be online early next week.
    We're not planning on having them on the shelf in the SP&S shop although if you want to pick one up from the shop, you only have to ask (after Monday 6th February!).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  22. Will they be like the Eden score ,ie the full thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.