Who's working today?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by simonbassbone, Dec 25, 2008.

1. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Anyone else at work today?:(

i am and so far its not too bad< if you're working too hope no-one does anything silly to spoil your Christmas.

Happy Christmas everyone

Simon

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nope, not working, just had dinner - nice it was too. Hope you enjoy your day, sorry you're working.

3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Simon
    what job do you do to be working?
    Ive got 4 days off thank god i was glad to finish yesterday after getting up at 3ck MON,TUE&WED.

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

:confused:

5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

:confused: what for.

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There are plenty of jobs that have to be kept going 24 hours a day: I'm lucky to be off Christmas Day and Boxing Day, but I'm in tomorrow - can't shut down security and let the off-work butchers run riot, can we :eek::);)

7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Pete how can you say about the lads who get your Xmas dinner on your plate:biggrin:

8. dyl

dyl Active Member

For:

"Do you fancy typing something that might actually make some sense for once?"

9. tojo

tojo Member

was on call xmas day , working now boxing day night, and im working new years day , im so lucky lol

10. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

I'm a Police Officer Ian, started the day at a domestic and finished it with a sudden death, both of which helps me remember there are worse things than working on Christmas Day.

Three days off now.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Anyone
    anything
    work
    Simon
    Happy Christmas
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Very quiet day today - only three staff in, one of whom had left his car keys in the office (not a good idea when he was due to drive up north today :rolleyes: )

13. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Ouch. Not a nice one for you or the people involved either. Hope New Year is a lot calmer!

I've been working this week, last day tomorrow until Monday, it's my turn to get a day off on Friday. I'm sooo used to the 2nd being a public holiday back home that I took it off as a holiday here ;). Luckily it's very quiet, although I'm starting at 8am which means I get the busy part of the day.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  14. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I was on call on Xmas Day and some swine had the cheek to call me out! This particular pub wanted me to repair their Juke Box as they said they had a pub full and they wanted some music - there was about 9 or 10 people in the pub, none of whom seemed bothered about having music, ggrrrr! Thursday is my first day off since 21st December, but I'm off for 4 days - woo hoo!:biggrin:

15. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

Working today, yesterday and tomorrow till god knows what time, also worked all of last week except boxing day.

16. joker66

joker66 Member

I am working today and on call overnight (hospital manager) so no celebrating the New Year. Will make up for it tomorrow though.

17. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Simon, just noticed that you did have time to post twice on christmas day - not working too hard then ;-)

Happy New Year big bro :)