Who's up for Coleford Contest in November?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by toppy the tenor, Sep 27, 2004.

1. People

Anyone going to Coleford Contest in November? I'll be there with the rest of the Portishead Town Band crew. Currently 3rd section nationally it's undecided what we're going to play yet.

Would be interested to hear other band's choices of test piece.

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Just a reminder that it is not generally tMP policy to reveal Own Choice test pieces or contest programes, unless it is open adjudication.
  3. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

Not the rancid Five Acre jobby, full of sheep and foresters!!!! :rolleyes:
  4. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

Hi Toppy,

Me and your friends at Tewkesbury Band will be there as ever ready to do battle! :)

It'll be the last time our bands will compete against each other for while, due to us being sucked into the huge vortex that is the WoE 4th section (getting on for 35ish bands now!)after the regrading fiasco! :)

I'd rather not say what we're playing just yet ;)

Maybe see you there
  5. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Unfortunatly, we at Wotton are not playing at the contest, I really like it because of a really good acoustic quality in the hall, And they open the bar upstairs now, realising that we need a drinky after playing. Plus the food is good, good pub down the road too. I have played in all the sections there, and it is always a good LOCAL contest. It has a lot of knockers though, Hahahaha. Unless your particular band wins. I don`t come from the forest by the way, though I have played for a forest band, or is it a forest band?.