Who's the oldest or youngest member of your band?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Kenneth D. Friedrich, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Just a curious demographic question. I was a member of a community band with a 90 year old bassoonist. Not sure of the youngest member.

KF

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    question
    bassoonist
    community band
  3. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Our 81 year old baritone player has just retired! leaving a spring chicken of 68 and our youngest is 7!

4. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I think we've got 12 to mid 70's at bestwood.

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

In Hadleigh Temple Band, from 15 up to 84; in the Salvation Army Wind Ensemble our youngest player thus far was 12, and the oldest is Maisie Wiggins, 80 this year.

6. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Our youngest is 17 I think. Not sure on eldest, but in their 40s I think.

7. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Oldest - bass trombone...must be about 60ish I would have thought...

Youngest - 7, and he is the cutest 3rd cornet player in the world!!!

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Good question! Come on fellow Fulham-ites, who's the youngest in Fulham Band? Paul Steward?

At Merton, one of our French horns players is, I believe, 91, and boy, can he still play!! Ex RAF Central Band.

9. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

In the National Capital Band, the oldest player is 65 (bass trombone), the youngest is 17 (we have a lower age limit of 14).

In my SA corps band, the BBb tuba player is 82. And no, he won't switch instruments, not even to Eb :)

10. andyp

andyp Active Member

Our youngest player (senior band) is 9, and the oldest is 73, and he only started playing at 58!

11. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Our oldest player is 78 (i think !) and currently plays BBb. If my memory is correct he said that his first contest (with Brackley Town Band as it was then) was in 1947 and he has since played with Brackley & District band in every section from 4th to Championship.

Our youngest current player is 14 but the yopungest i can remember was 9.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    question
    bassoonist
    community band
  13. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

My bands oldest is our mid 60's 3rd cornet player. Our youngest at the moment is our 15yo rep player. The youngest before her was me at 16.

14. Heppy

Heppy Member

The youngest in our band is our solo euph player who is 17 (I think)! The oldest is Steve hopwood (2nd barkin iron) who clocks in at 72.

15. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

youngest in our band is Michaella & Callum who are 16 I think and the oldest is Willie Ross who is about 65 at a guess.The rest of us are between 25 and 55.

16. Scotty

Scotty Member

The oldest one in Broxburn is the legend that is charlie calder who is 66. We dont see much of him now because his health is getting the better of him these days. Shame cos he was a stunning player in his day, scottish solo champion about five years in a row in the late sixties early seventies.

I the youngest at seventeen and the rest of the band ranges from about 23 to 55ish

17. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Our principal Eb Bass, Ian Lovell, started playing in 1947 - is that a record for a top section end seat?

18. My band Arnfield Brass

are oldest player is 79 and out youngest is 12 pretty big age gap!!!! lol! :eek:

19. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'm actually the youngest at 30 (heave been for 5 years now).

Our oldest is in his late seventies I believe.

20. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

Think I'm the youngest here at Staffs (I'm 19). Not going to comment on the oldest (mainly because I don't know who it is!)

21. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Oldest at Emley - Alan (2nd Bari) at th grand old age 67.
    Youngest - Chris (new drummer) at the tint age of 15!

22. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Oldest - Fred Muscroft - 80 Years Old - first performance 1930 - and still makes us all look like amateurs

Youngest - Toby - 2nd Cornet - 9 years old