Who's really to blame?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Columbo, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Columbo

Columbo Member

I am deeply saddened by yet another aid workers demise in Afghanistan, yet it brings out the annoyance in me when yet again the emphasis is put on those who try and remedy the situation. Eg. The guy in the field with the shot gun, the barrister at the window etc etc.

Lets put the blame solely on the perpetrators! The Taliban in the first instance, The Poor guys who feel they have nowhere to turn that they take up all the resources of the police force and then give them little option by putting them in such a difficult, no win situation!

The poor aid worker knew the risks (Not that, that makes it right of course), however lets shift the blame on the B********s who are responsible! In regards to the Guy in the field, it also cost a company director his life, due to the irresponsibility of the people who bought the faulty tayzors, which incidentally were used after the guy had shot himself (Allegedly). He couldnt live with the guilt put upon him by the rubbish we call the press (In fairnness, I don't know the facts, however still another life lost). RIP Linda Norgrove, you did not die in vain.

I apologize if my facts are not correct, however my point is, who started it? Not, Who finished it!

2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Couldn't agree more.

The Aid worker ( like most ) assume that because they are doing things for the right reasons, the Bad guys will leave them alone. Then, when it goes wrong, someone else will have to risk their lives to save them.

Oh and the Tasers were not faulty, just not the type approved by the Home Office.
  3. Columbo

Columbo Member

I knew it was something like that. ;)
  4. Super Ph

Super Ph Member

what on earth are you on about?
  5. Columbo

Columbo Member

And here it begins...another headhunter!

If you don't like or understand, don't respond. Its just open for a 'friendly' discussion.
  6. Scottw

Scottw Member

gotta disagree entiely...Taliban..perpetrators?? Stepping back from that question, gotta ask, why are over there at all?? Tis us and America who intefered in that country...we should never have been there. Does anyone truly know why we're there?
  7. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

If you put a clean shirt in dirty water, you end up with a dirty shirt, not clean water.

Very sad affair.
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Very eloquent way of putting it! There are no clear boundaries to who can be filtered out for neutrality.
  9. Columbo

Columbo Member

I agree, very profound and one to remember.
  10. Columbo

Columbo Member

You mustn't misinterpret what I am saying please. I DO agree with you also. Its the incident I am referring to. I don't think any of us would like to call it either and it should be understood that way when we go in to remedy, or try to remedy that situation.
  11. Super Ph

Super Ph Member

do you think one aid worker is worth more than one afghan?
  12. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

or more than one special forces member sent to rescue them?
  13. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Same reason we were there in 1839 ,1878 and 1919 ( and none of those ended well ). Imperialism. In this instance , to support the neo-cons efforts to guarantee access to oil in the former soviet republics.Albeit dressed up by Bliar's pseudo-religious quest.

( By way , I have the utmost admiration and respect for the armed forces that are there ( and elsewhere ) doing what they have been sent to do with a lack of adequate kit and logistic support. But a plague on the houses of those that sent them there)
  14. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I see that they are now saying that the Aid worker may have been killed by a grenade thrown by her 'rescuers'! Not exactly a surgical weapon for such a mission.
  15. Super Ph

Super Ph Member

geopolitics really isn't your strong point, is it
  16. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Found another thread to crayon over then ?

Do one you tedious little man.
  17. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

:clap::clap: Well said Phil! A plague on his thread trollage! ;)
  18. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Bit like you and the use of capital letters..... or to come to think of it, reasoned debate.
  19. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I am loathe to criticise our American cousins, but if you look at the number of 'friendly fire' incidents in any conflict you care to choose, who would want to be rescued by them? Certainly not me!
  20. worzel

worzel Member

Does that really stand up, or is that just a conspiracy theory? Have you had a look at this guy's take on it?