Who's playing Christmas Day?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Despot, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Despot

Despot Member

Twist on an earlier thread.....who is playing Christmas Day?

We have a church service at 12 noon.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    thread
    Twist
    church service
    earlier thread
    noon
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I'm playing in church at 9.30.

4. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

I'll be part of a group from Chatham Ciatdel Band playing at Wisdom Hospice to the patients and staff.
    Handy for me as the hospice is at the bottom of our road!

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

We'll hopefully be playing on a Nintendo Wii!

6. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

We are out at 9.30 on Christmas day AND boxing day playing carols around the village until about 12.30 - 1pm by which time i'll have had so much Whisky that i'll sleep through most of the Christmas TV schedule wakeing only for a bit of Turkey and some sprouts.

I can't wait!! :biggrin:

7. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Simon, Tabby and Jamie Clegg and myself will be playing in our village of Northowram on Christmas morning, looking forward to it.

8. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

We are caroling around Burbage Village in the morning and some nursing homes etc around Buxton.

9. Eb_Alex

Eb_Alex Member

The Blackley Band will be playing for the last time at Booth Hall Childrens Hospital, before it closes in June. The band have been doing this job for at least the last 30years and probably a bit longer, it will be a job we miss a lot, but I'm sure some people will be grateful for the Christmas Day lie in.

10. David Mann

David Mann Member

I'll be playing the descants for Hark The Herald and O Come All Ye Faithful in church.

11. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

B&HCB's last gig was on 21/12/08. I dont think we have ever done a gig on Xmas day itself. Not usually done, aslo, round our area. Although last Christmas. I think, didnt DobX appear on Tv, on Christmas morning?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    thread
    Twist
    church service
    earlier thread
    noon
  13. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

See you there (bringing my flugel ;))!

14. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Hope the job goes well Alex, sorry I can't be there I'll be performing one of those xmas lie in's :biggrin:

Have a good Xmas!

15. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Milnrow will be out around the village during the morning. It's a tradition and I've only missed 1 since I've lived over here. Most of the band turn out for it along with their families. It makes Christmas real for me.

16. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I'll be turning out at my old band sergeant's house for the traditional christmas morning jollity. His family are all players at various bands so my girlfriend, my mum and I are joining them to lend a bit of low-end to the ensemble.

Not done it in the last couple of years... and to be honest I've rather missed it.

17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

We always take a group of bandsmen to play to the patients and staff at Basildon Hospital on Christmas morning, but I'll have to give it a miss this year due to Janet's recent op :(

18. leisa

leisa Active Member

We have a group of about 7ish going out in Grange Moor, as we have had groups going out every night over December so they will be out tonight and tomorrow morning i think. I am in Manchester today though so won't be joining them but hope they all have a fab time and celebrate for working so hard on busking the past few weeks! :)

19. BRIAN KEECH

BRIAN KEECH Member

Christmas Day

The Bradwell Silver Band will be out playing at 6am. This is a tradition dating back to 1901, the children of the area are not expected to open presents until they have heard the band. A super start to Christmas day with normally a full band on show. My 32nd year.

20. cornydevil

cornydevil Member

Who's Playing on Christmas Day?

A quartet from Blackburn and Darwen will be playing a Astley Bank Hotel in Darwen on Christmas Day at 1-30 ish.

21. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

I'll be playing Call of Duty 5