Who's playing Christmas Day?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Despot, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Despot

Despot Member

Hi All,

Just out of interest, will many band be playing Christmas Day?

We'll be playing at a local church at their 12noon service.

Anyone else?

2. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

I'm playing tomorrow (Christmas Eve) - but no, I have absolutely no plans to play on Sunday, although I have great admiration for you doing so. ;)

3. EflatTenor

EflatTenor New Member

We're playing tomorrow in the Christmas eve's service and early in the morning (at 5 or so) I'm going to play with a small group around the nearby villages.

4. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

nope, playing on christmas eve but not on christmas.

5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

If I lived in a small village and the band was a large part of the community I would be very happy to turn out and play xmas morning. Flixton is really a large area and (even though we are going back to our roots and building up the community links - which is going very well!) I don't think we could ever be in that situation. I wouldn't be very happy if it was suggested we turned out on christmas day, but if we were part of a small community it would be different. :icon_biggrin:

6. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Rothwell Temperance will be out on Christmas morning, playing around the Rothwell area.

Tim.

7. 1alexm

1alexm Member

clifton and lightcliffe will be caroling around clifton on chirstmas day but i wont be playing with them.:icon_razz:
    Merry Xmas.
    :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin:

8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Gresley Old Hall will not be out.
    However:I will be having some practise myself and all over Christmas:icon_biggrin: :woo :woo
    Just cant afford to miss your own personal practise all because its Christmas!!!!!!!!

9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Not out Christmas day, but out on Christmas eve caroliing and Boxing day for the usual trawl round the streets waking Wigston's residents with noises resembling carols. The only band in my area that are out on Christmas day itself (I think) is Enderby. Have to admire the commitment, but I wouldn't be doing it myself.

10. HBB

HBB Active Member

Panto: OOOOoooooooohh Yes you can!!!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    All
    interest
    church
    12noon service
    Anyone
  12. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman New Member

Doing three masses X-mas Eve and two services X-mas Morning. Then I'm taking a rest!

Bill Dishman
    Gainesville, Florida (USA)

13. dyl

dyl Active Member

Am I playing on Xmas Day? Yes. I'm taking it that Playstation2 games and Scalextric count as playing? :icon_wink:

As for band - no way! Finished last night - and I'm not touching that horn till the New Year. Band's had enough of my time over the year - it's family time now.

14. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I'm playing today and on Boxing Day

15. stotty74

stotty74 Member

I'm playing Christmas Eve around Northop, and also carols on Christmas morning at a local hospice, which i have done for the last 8 years.

16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Just done the last concert (of sorts) of the year :D

17. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Does early on Christmas morning count?! We're doing our annual pub crawl around St Agnes tonight...wouldn't be suprised if it went on until past midnight! :icon_smile:

18. I've played this morning and doing the service at the church and round the tree tonight, playing tomoro morning and boxing day!

19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I'm playing at the local church tonight for Midnight Mass, descants to carols (NOT the Willcocks ones, all legal and above board!) and for their Christmas morning service, a much more informal occasion.

Followed by Christmas dinner at the vicar's. This will mean curtailing the usual ribald humour, being conservative with the alcohol intake and no doubt an improvement in table manners,....... but I'm sure the vicar will be able to adjust! ;)

('More tea vicar?' 'No thanks, it makes me fart' :) :))

20. Big Gav

Big Gav Member

No intention of playing a single note tomorrow! However I bet that my nephew, Deian ( who is moderator Dyl 's son ) will be playing his cornet at some point!

21. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Hehe I love caroling must be said, did 4 hours on the trot today in the town centre, just love the atmosphere, and tommorow our band will be doing an hour or two at the local hospital, pleased we can do something for thoses stuck in hospital over the christmas period, even something as simple as giving them company and music for a few minutes!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    All
    interest
    church
    12noon service
    Anyone