Who's playing at Crawley?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DublinBass, May 10, 2005.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I was planning on going to Crawley this weekend to see the SCABA Entertainment contest...but almost every band I've heard from recently is dropping out?!

Anybody still going? and which section.

If you could just copy and paste the list below and update it, that's be great. (I'll start with Cambridge because Bryan_sop said they are going.

Crawley Attendees
    Cambridge City Band - Section A

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Crawley
    contest
    section
    Anybody
    SCABA Entertainment
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

the Noord-Limburgse Brass Band won't be defending their title in the A-section, that's all I know...

4. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I've Just been checking some band websites. Alder Valley have Crawley crossed out on their calender, Brighton and Hove have it included in theirs, as do Staines. That's just about all I can find. I can't access some bands sites because of the internet filters at work :mad:

5. DublinBass

I heard Staines and Alder Valley are both dropping out though...don't know if its true though.

6. resus

resus New Member

Would be really interesting to know why so many appear to be dropping out??

Is it player problems, venue, date or any other reasons?? Certainly the last two could be addressed if this is the problem!!

7. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Maybe better to re-name the thread

Is anyone playing at Crawley?

Does seem a bit odd, good venue and a well run contest

However the format needs looking at with a section A and B making it nigh on impossible for some bands to win their sections.

8. DublinBass

I wouldn't think it is the venue as I have been to the Hawth for a concert and it was very nice...there is even a bar in the buidling ;-)

I do wonder if it is the format (as mentioned above) putting some bands at no chance to win, or possibly (as mentioned in other threads), too close to the Hove contest.

9. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

The range of abilities in section B is very wide

Example 2004

Winners - qualified this year for 3rd Section finals
    Runners up - will be in section 1 1st January 2006

at least 3 others were very young youth bands

Certainly one of the reasons why my band doesn't enter.