Who's out on Whit Friday?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by tat, Apr 17, 2008.

1. tat

tat Member

With Whit Friday only a few weeks away, which bands are out? which contest march are you playing and will it be Tameside or Saddleworth?
  2. Boarshurst

Boarshurst Member

We will be out all day, playing for the scholars walking in the Traditional Whit Friday Walks of Witness during the day in and around Greenfield where 'Hail Smiling Morn' will be played several times, and then playing Ravenswood in the evening for the contest.

Where? In Saddleworth of course.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2008
  3. tat

tat Member

Nice to see Dave's wagging again.
  4. tat

tat Member

Band : Whitworth

March :??? (undecided at moment)

Area : Tameside (fed up of being stuck behind loads of bands at Saddleworth so having a change this year)
  5. Di

Di Active Member

Please remember that the Whits march contest are closed adjudication so no "test pieces" should be announced.

Thanks. :)
  6. tat

tat Member

Surely this doesn't apply to Whit Friday??
    Most marches will be played 7 or 8 times at most contests and with so many venues most bands will only go on average to 6 of them.
  7. Di

Di Active Member

I'm fairly sure we've done this in the past and am discussing it with the team. I'm willing to stand corrected and put march names back in if I'm wrong. :redface:
  8. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

My first Whits wagging....I'll be taking Swinton and District Excelsior Band....doing 6 contests in Saddleworth (at least that's the plan)...and then settling down for loads of beer...and I do mean loads...we'll be playing ******
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2008
  9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

The Emley will be there, playing the same as last year. and marching to something or other undecided as yet. Looking forward to another great night out round Saddleworth
  10. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Tartan Brass will be there for our 3rd Whit Friday trip, with most of us wearing the kilts again as usual!!
  11. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

indeed we did.
  12. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Witney are (possibly) playing something, somewhwere, with some people playing some instruments
  13. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Band: Skelmanthorpe B
    Area: Unknown
    March: Either ****or ****
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2008
  14. marc71178

marc71178 Member

Mercia Brass will be making our 10th consecutive trip.

Not sure what we're playing on the march, but have a fair idea of the contest piece.

Think I need to get a new loud tie though, been a bit boring in recent years...
  15. IJK

IJK Member

Ireland Colliery Chesterfield will be there again this year 5 years in a row

May be going into Tameside this year for the first time
  16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Leyland will be doing tameside..
    march: most likely the usual
  17. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

Dobcross will be making a return this year!!

Look out for us in our red jackets and beautiful hats :rolleyes:
  18. leisa

leisa Active Member

Grange Moor are out :cool:
  19. statto81

statto81 New Member

Carrbrook Brass are going. We will be staying in Tameside mostly as that is where we are from.

We are also playing in the Mossley Whit Walks in the morning if anyone fancies helping out.
  20. bravo

bravo New Member

St Austell will be making the long journey from Cornwall for the first time.

We could do with a Trombone Player and Percussionist, if anyone is available let me know.