Who's off to the Albert Hall in October

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by HBB, Jun 24, 2004.

1. HBB

HBB Active Member

Just wondering who's going to the Champs.

Ben!

2. choirmaster

choirmaster Member

Who's off to The Royal Albert hall in Oct?

I've invited Dorothy Dixon ( see Briggus forum) to come with me this year. ...all the flowers of the mountain.. I told her I'm sure it's a cheerful little potpourri/ medley of tunes she would instantly recognise - Tulips from Amsterdam, Eidelweiss, lavender blue and a nice rousing finale in the form of a fugue on 'Flower of Scotland ' as she doesn't live too far from the border. I'm sure she'll approve, especially as she's known for her fondness of all things 'floral'. :wink: :twisted:

3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I plan to be at Albert Hall as well as the Regent Hall festival.

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

BTw. BBCBari looking forward to meeting you (with my great SOH! :D)

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hope to see you there, particularly at Regent Hall, where there won't be quite so many people around :wink:

With Cory doing the evening concert, the Friday looks to be one of the best yet :!:

6. I'm looking at coming over but every time I log onto the Albert Hall site to get tickets, no matter what area I choose, it always says seats are not available :? - surely it can't be sold out :?:

Regent Hall does look appealing too :D :D

7. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Again, unfortunately not rich enough to cough up for the trip. One day........one day.......

8. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Hopefully this year I'll be there. Just got to see if the 'better half' will treat me to tickets as an anniversary present! :roll:

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

One thing with the RAH is that it is so large that it very rarely full, particularly if you are prepared to sit up in the gods - the bands look minute, but the sound is still pretty good :wink:

10. Highams

Highams Member

Sue and I will be there, particularly as I was taken into hospital on the friday of that weekend last year, I'm not missing it this time !

www.euph.freeserve.co.uk

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    percussion parts
    Albert Hall
    Defo
    year
    good percussion parts
  12. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Baring lightning strike or being sacked I should be there playing.

13. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Yes I will be there...watching the London Male Voice Choir.
    should be a great day..lol :shock: or I might go and see Sarah Mcglaugclan too....there is some competition on but might not go to that...lol

14. Yah even the upper circle is apparantly tottaly unavailable! - where else could i buy tickets online??

15. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

It will not be sold out - give them a call.

16. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I plan to be there.

17. dave_cornet

dave_cornet New Member

I might journey up there. Do you buy tickets on the door and what are the dates.
    Dave

18. HBB

HBB Active Member

16th October, 10am - 6pm. Tickets from the Box Office or on the Website.

19. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

I'll be there and on stage playing at some point. :)

20. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Does anybody know what is going to happen at Regent Hall regarding the test piece?

I believe two years ago, Philip Wilby did a discussion about Masquerade and its symbolism and then played parts of an old Fairey recording.

Last year, I think it was Geoffrey Brand who (In Mr. Ball's absence) spoke about Enigma variations and played a recording.

This year is a new test piece if I'm not mistaken. Will they still have the composer talk? It makes Saturday so much more enjoyable when you understand more about the composers intentions on the piece.

21. Sonor

Sonor New Member

I should be there all being well. Depends whether or not I can get away from my football and also what the piece is like

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    percussion parts
    Albert Hall
    Defo
    year
    good percussion parts