Who's missing the Regionals and why?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by weemarky, Feb 12, 2008.

1. weemarky

weemarky Member

I'm missing the Scottish this year because I have to go skiing in France with my work (Adventure Training) that weekend.

Strangely Im absolutely gutted because both bands I play for have the chance of doing pretty well (especially because I'm not going now).

Who else out there is having to miss thier respective Regional contest and why?

Weemarky

2. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

I am missing it because I am taking a back-seat to allow my daughter to have her chance at brass banding and other musical stuff. She is quite heavily involved in youth banding and county activities and is still a wee one really (just 10) so is not doing this year's area although we may go to the Welsh area to have a listen to some of her mates.

3. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Kiss of death wee man..... u know fine if we get too late a draw we'll all be asleep by the time we go on stage.... which is partly why we were less than perfect last year. However if we get an early draw.........:D

4. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

Although I will be at the areas, this year I will be sitting out watching Melvyn White take the band on stage. He was supposed to do it last year until he was taken ill. This year he is in fine fettle and so I will be chewing my fingers to the bone in the audience. Best of luck to the team.

5. tom_leather

tom_leather New Member

I'll be missing the Scottish as I'll be in Bosnia for the week for a community project I'm involved with through the British Council. Couldn't believe it when it was confirmed as that weekend, but never mind! One of our front row has taken up the horn to cover for me...

6. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

I am not missing the Yorkshire area, does anyone want to swap me, and let me go skiing in france, or culture visit to the red lights of Thailand.. please apply a.s.a.p.;)

7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Miss the regionals - why ? -

This year i am taking a weeks holiday to be sure that I am in the right country in March - why would you choose (yes we all have a choice, you an employee not a slave) to miss the regionals ?

8. David Mann

David Mann Member

I can think of several reasons, one year I even deliberately arranged to be out of the country!:wink:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  9. nella01

nella01 New Member

I am missing the areas- going to a wedding

10. zak

zak Member

Information overload!!! ;)

No name or band... Mr/Mrs X is not playing with band Y and the areas :biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Scottish
    Im
    France
    Weemarky
    bands
  12. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

......lol....I'd rather be at the areas.

At least X doesn't "have an infection...the doctor says it'll be ok to play by dd/mm" (strangely enough..the day after the areas)...which is one I've heard before.

Or the one " I know the band only does about 3 contests per year....but I accidentally booked my holidays abroad for all of them"

mmmmmmm

13. Amy Cornet

Amy Cornet New Member

I am because I'm not currently a full time member of a band :frown: I might go and watch though :)

14. lilz

lilz Member

id rather not do contests...i hate nerves and the embarrassment of your mouth going dry and either nothing coming out or something terrible coming out
    but ye id rather just do concerts
    where the audience don't write a report about all the things you've been practicing most went wrong :p

15. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

you ever thought adrenalin, camaraderie, bit of effort....memorable day out...actually....might be fun?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  16. cornet1991

cornet1991 New Member

im missing the yorkshire's as i dont live in england n e more which is quite gutting, also while im postin does n e one know where i can get myself a cornet solo with piano accompiament, something quite slow and fairly hard. Also if there is n e sites where you can listen to it before buying that would be great

17. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

I'll be missing because it's my wife's birthday (a special one) and I will be cooking for 1 for the rest of my life if I play! So, off to my place in Spain and a Week of wife pampering to make sure I will be there next year.
    Right up my street Festival music.......:mad:

Adrian Nurney

18. tom_leather

tom_leather New Member

:lol: We're also not slaves to banding, and while I'm very disappointed to miss out this year, I choose to have a life outside of banding! So inevitably things clash sometimes...That's my choice! :tup

19. Pastit

Pastit Member

Our second cornet player has managed to arrange his wedding for the areas weekend.........the band won't be providing the music for him unfortunately

20. lilz

lilz Member

haha well...i dont know what camaraderie means but i do put effort. And they are memorable but usually because of what went wrong :-?
    I sound really mardy and i dont really enjoy band...i do...go to the brassed off thread and you get to read a massive essay on why i love band so much and really quite embarrassed myself :redface:

i just dont enjoy contests :)

:p<--what does razz mean...thats what this smiley called

21. thelawyer

thelawyer New Member

I will be missing because i have relocated to Manchester and i am going to be in Ireland that weekend for my wife's gran's 80th birthday. Sovereign's first Area without me in 10 years so i have my fingers crossed!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Scottish
    Im
    France
    Weemarky
    bands