Who's got Pontinius!?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lottie4744, Oct 31, 2004.

1. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Well i've just returned from Pontins, with a 4th place in the second section *go flixton* And it was an exceedingly good weekend :) Friday was to say the least eventful........ Those who where there will probably heard of Lynchies antics lol! And I met loads of tMPer's! Drummergurl, geordiecolin, super_sop, skweeky. john, roger, t-horn, neiltwist and loadsssssss more!!!! The tMP concerts were great :D:D:D:D

Did everyone else have a good time and has anyone got any embarrasing stories!?!?
  2. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Just back (decided not to stop the sun evening)

Well, Pontins hasnt changed - chalets up to usual standards ;) Stompers still as good / bad as ever. Met so many ppl - all that chatting stopped me drinking too much :shock:

Funniest thing - Craig in a skirt / blouse and wig. (hope you can repair that split in the seam) hehe.
  3. Katy Hudson

Katy Hudson New Member

Just got back...

Just got back from Pontin's.Had a fab time,stayed Fri and Sat.Had a good result as far as our band was concerned,13th out of 26,London Overture,What a piece!!Needed a few pints after playing that!!Chalet was ok,didn't spend that much time in it,only to sleep off beer!

Hope everyone enjoyed their stay and were relatively pleased with their results.

Katy,2nd Horn with Wantage Band
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

I heard about that Gary.... :shock:
  5. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i had a really good weekend but was nearly sick on sunday morning.... oops!

anyone who saw me wil agree i looked really rough!
  6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

just got in and found this!^

had to be seen to be believed, i understand there are one or two pics of the occasion to delite you all soon!
  7. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

well just got back two hours ago and had a great time glad i didnt stay in a chalet cause they looked awful. The tmp was great and managed several renditions of ein prosit before giving up and going home on saturday night.
    Unfortunately it doesnt happen again till next year

(stares at clock on wall watchin the seconds go by, hmmmmm. Well always have prestatyn)
  8. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i only stayed friday night, and it was brill... met elin and caroline twigge *ta for the chalet girls :D* nadia.. again. erm... geordiecolin came in to our chalet ala 4am to sit on the floor and talk bubbles... andy euph and his amazin *ah cannae be assed climbin the stairs meyat* euph bari, nadia, geordiecolin and someone else flinging bed linen around on the grass outside at about 4am. nadia throwing the amazing never cracking egg at the biggest seaguls in the world... in the bar i met, pythagoras, icklesop and someone else who i can't flamin remember!!!! grr :( oh and i've been told i walked past musicman's chalet in the morning cos apparently he was only 2 chalets away from us.

*fat semibreves are the way forward* rofl!
  9. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Best Fun since the areas!!

thank you to anyone who played with the mighty

NORWEST 2000!!

what a result!! (1st!!)

chuffed to bits, well done!!
    (may play for you again sometime!!)

great to see al the tmpers, u're all ace, and the pieces we played on sataday and sunday were fantastic!! congrats we sounded brilliant!! all hail "do re me" and the very fantastic "floral dance" (i cudnt play as they were dancing)

The Best Part were definately the Buvarian Stompers,

Oggy Oggy Oggy!!!

and oh yeh, being called kate the whole weekend!!

tis all good fun!

Kell x;)
  10. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

oh i saw ur car in the carpark! does that count as meeting u KELLY? I sound like a true boc now.
  11. *coughs all over her screen... eurgh*

Yeah... im not feeling too great... but I had a fantastic weekend!!! :-D and it was lovely meeting a few random people off here! Naff result, but we didnt play well... bus journey home was a reet laugh though !!

Wonder if Geordie Colin will show his font in shame today?!......
  12. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Does enyone know the names of the Saturday night (2-4.00 am ish) cornet/flugal soloist - very well played but I suspect very p1ssed. Where you tMPers?

Nice rendition of Star Wars, Imperial March, Orange Juice and loads of other well played random tunes - also lots of cheering so there must have been a fair sized audience. Why was this concert not in the Pontins Programme?

The tMP concerts were excellent and the highlight just had to be Do-Ray-Me in the main hall - is that excellent choreography from Staffordshire Band in the score? If not should be.
  13. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Me thinks it was a player from tyldesley
  14. ju33les

ju33les Member

Just got home...and feeling rather delicate.......
    Had a great weekend meeting you all.
    I'm off to bed to recover:cool:
    (Travelled home on back seat of our car which is now renamed "Timbones Ambulance!" )
  15. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

pontins really is bad for ur health. i think i drank wales' supply of vodka last night. good weekend though.
  16. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

LOL yeah u 2 were pretty hammered last night!
    i got home bout half an hour ago, feelin abit rough, n absolutely exhausted! and i have no voice, well i have a very very very croaky voice LOL oh well.

met sooooo many people...too many to say everyone coz i know ill have forgotten some people by the state i was in friday night and yesterday... and because im a forgetful person (been away from my comp for 3 days, and forgot how to type!)

altho i think the champs section results were abit on the dodgy side...

but thats just contests for ya... i need to sleep...
  17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Saturday night was brilliant... much fun indeed! A slight possibility that I drank too much, but it's a close call (no hangover on sunday although I do have a nice bruise in the middle of my head from an 'incident' with the window sill!)
    Very nice to meet lots of people from here again, would love to mention everyone but then I'd forget someone and they might cry.
    I'm going to bed very soon.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  18. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Well we only stayed the Saturday night but what a night! No hangovers at all but that's no suprise as I've never had one! Big apology to Jez from tmp - I think it was twice during Saturday that you called me by my name and I claimed not to know who you were! Ever so sorry. Met quite a few people but predominantly partied with the Wem lot. Highlights of the weekend for me:

1) - A fantastic performance..................at the 11am rehearsal.
    2) - Stopping, we'll go down in history for that!
    3) - Watching Mrs Thorne get drunk on Baileys (he,he).
    4) - Erm..........participating in the Bavarian Stomping show, it was very scary hanging upside down between that man's legs! Thought the 'boos' from the crowd when it was stated I was from Wem was a bit unfair and uncalled for.
    5) - The Floral Dance by tmp band on the Saturday night - excellent atmosphere.
    6) - Hearing those fish making a noise!!!!!!!!!!
  19. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I think I will be having a well-deserved sleep this afternoon!! What a great weekend!! :biggrin: Was pleased with our result (4th in 2nd Section) and thought the tMP band was brill :cool: Was nice to meet lots of tMPers we hadn't seen before and see all those regular faces again.

Highlights for me:

1. Our great result despite all the things that went wrong on Sunday morning and the dire start to the piece!
    2. tMP Band Concert on Saturday night
    3. Super_sop dressed as a woman...very amusing
    4. BBCBari and Toby (think it was him quite a bit of wine by then!) singing Cheeky Girls in the Sunday night Karaoke.
  20. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

???? Is this something else I can't remember? Doh!!

Weekend highlights include:

1. WINNING :D :D :D
    2. Celebrating winning :p :p :p :p
    3. Pythagoras getting his head trapped in the sofa bed when BBC_bari and myself decided to shut it while he was sleeping on it. The screams of "you've trapped my ear!!" seemed a little understated when it is considered that we couldn't see his head at all!!
    4. Me hiding in a wheelie bin and jumping out at Andy_Euph.
    5. Tmp band saturday night, we went down an absolute storm, well done everyone.
    6. Kari riverdancing by herself.
    7. That strawberry tequila stuff i was drinking last night. good stuff.
    8. My temporary acquistion of a Haydock Tie.
    9. Waking up this morning and i suspect, still being drunk.
    10. The amazing tmp pontins laundry fight, which incidentally aidan won. sorry about the noise Roger!!
    11. Is it me or do the mutant seagulls get bigger every year??