Who's going to win the Scottish Open?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by YPLMO, Nov 20, 2003.

1. YPLMO

YPLMO New Member

Might as well start this thread, not long to go now.

According to the 4Barsrest rankings the result should be:

1 Tredegar
    2 Whitburn
    3 Kirkie
    4 Sellers
    5 Co-op
    6 Besses
    7 BTM
    8 Kinneil
    9 Fishburn
    10 Freckleton
    11 Kingdom
    12 Hepworth
    13 Newtongrange
    14 Carriden
    15 Broxburn

I would be surprised if it went according the rankings as any of the top 8 bands are in with a shout of winning it on the day.

This could throw up some surprises as I looks to be a very 'open' contest. The draw will definitely play a big part in the results.

My top 3 are Sellers, Tredegar, Whitburn with Kirkie, Co-op, Kinneil & Besses fighting for the other places.

2. blackpoolbrass

blackpoolbrass New Member

Freckleton on top form

I would place Freckleton higher up than 10th. They had a bad day at Pontins but finishing 4 clear points at Fleetwood and that fact that Paganini really suits their style should put them in to top 5!

3. BreadOfHeaven

BreadOfHeaven Member

Should be a great day whatever happens.

Funny feeling for Sellers and the Co.

Mon Kinneil!!!!! :lol:

4. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

How do you mean funny feeling? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :wink:

Cheers

5. JTKBrass

JTKBrass Member

Top four of Tredegar, Whitburn, Sellers, Co was my guess, but now we've got the draw (kind of) not so sure about an order ! It'll be an interesting contest though .. would've liked Fodens there, hopefully one of the top half dozen bands will brave a trip north next year :D

6. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Well, I predicted Scotland would beat Holland in Amsterdam so my crystal ball is definitely for the scrapheap but I'll go for Tredegar to win.

7. BreadOfHeaven

BreadOfHeaven Member

Don't know if it's good or bad Alexandra! Just a gut feeling, a hunch! Think you will do well. But I hope kinneil win :lol:

martyn

8. Jordan

Jordan Member

yippeeee

Just well looking forward to the contest, something new and exciting, well done the scots, should be a fantastic weekend of banding and beer!!!

9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

who'll win??

hmmm...

One of the bands competing I reckon! ;-) :p

Good luck to all taking part!

10. Moy

Moy Active Member

Naomi has anyone ever told you that you look very much like a young composer/conductor here in Scotland?

11. jamie the euph

jamie the euph New Member

Personally i think that because fodens have withdrawn the clear favourites have to be Tradegar and i think they'll walk it!no problems at all best band there!no doubt at all!

12. NAS

NAS Member

I think that Tregdegar are one of the favourites but... I have a feeling it will between Scottish Co-op (Russell Gray) and Whitburn (Andy Duncan).

Neil Samuel

13. meeglioni

meeglioni New Member

I'm going for Sellers. I think that they are a class outfit - and they have the boy, Mark Bousie on euph. I think that he is an absolutely stunning player and perhaps one of the nicest, kindest guys you could ever meet.

14. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

1 - Scottish Co-op
    2 - Tredegar
    3 - Whitburn
    4 - Sellers
    5 - Kirkintilloch
    6 - Hepworth

Sam

15. jd

jd Member

Freckleton

Got a funny feeling that Freckleton will come higher also.
    Their conductor Paul Dalton is extremely skilled and they are a great outfit.
    Good luck boys.
    John.x

16. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I'd go for Freck giving a good show too. They did a cracking performance of Paganini when I was in the band (my last contest with them I think) and as John states, a very under-rated conductor in my opinion. Paul is a true musician.

17. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I'm not going to have a guess at any predictions but I just want to say good luck to Hepworth and come on Sellers!!

You're so right meeglioni, Bousie's a top lad!!

Jayne

18. JANUARYMAN

JANUARYMAN Member

Jayne,

Is that a Mighty Hepworth uniform you have on your picture? Hope all is well on the good ship Sellers.

Dave
    Come On Hepworth!

19. deave

deave Member

Noo idea who's going to win, I think it's going to be a close call. Hepworth have as good a band as any in the contest right now. Especially with the edition of the almighty Nicholas Young!

What I do know is that after many hours of study, the best anagram of Paganini Variations i can work out is..."A Vagina Inspiration!"

I can relax now my work is done. I think this is unbeatable!!
    Deave - 3rdman@sellers

20. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

It certainly is Dave, come on Hepworth!! I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

Almighty Nick Young eh Deave?! He's definately up for it, he's even been practicing! And I must say, your pedal C's are amazing!!

Jayne