Who's going to Whitehaven?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by imthemaddude, Apr 23, 2004.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Who's off to Whitehaven on May 16th?
  2. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yup will probably be there... bit annoyed that we aint going to play anymore :evil: but shall be there supporting Five Rivers
  3. dave jake

dave jake Member

The Mighty Dunston will be there 8) 8)
  4. splitnote

splitnote Member

Johnstone will be there also!

Hopefully the weather will be nice again.
  5. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Despite an extremely tempting offer from 5 Rivers to play in the 3rd section, I have to confirm that alas, I will not be there :( A horrible combination of final-year degree work and my grandpa's decorating mean i really can't afford the time. Moreover, has anyone ever tried Sheffield - Whitehaven on the train on a Sunday?? :lol: (According to thetrainline.com, its the best part of 6 hours there and I'd have to leave Sheffield 5pm Saturday evening, to return I could leave at 8pm, but I wouldn't get to Sheffield til 9.30am Monday morning!!! It'd be quicker to walk!!)

Best of luck to all competing and make sure a suitable Ovington Tynedale stylee level of drinking is attained (good luck with that one, you'll need it! :twisted: )

Edit: Name of Test Piece removed! (RT)
  6. bigcol

bigcol Member

I'll be there - playing with Five Rivers for their two performances. Trombone for one, Eb Bass for the other. Oh, bass! - now that's a good instrument!
  7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Sorry Roger!!! Forgot about "the not naming test piece rule"!!!!

Well at least 5 Rivers got a Colin to play EEB bass after all!!
  8. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I'm depping with 5 Rivers in the 3rd section but hope to have a good day on the beer :guiness :guiness :guiness