Who's Going to Whitburn?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by flugelgal, Nov 5, 2004.

1. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

If any tMPers are going to Whitburn, please come up and say hello (there's a recent piccy of my in my tMP profile). It's my final gig with Granite City Brass, so let's hope that we play as well on the day as we can play in rehearsal!

See you there!

2. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Renfrew will be there Kirsty with a couple of folks from Clydebank that you kinow, Gareth Bowman and Carol, don't know Carol's second name byt she plays rep with Clydebank.
    Which section is Granite City in?
  3. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

I'll be there with my two bands, B& L and Newland Concert Brass (Praying that we aren't drawn back to back)

Should be a good contest, lots of bands entered!
  4. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Do you know who is going then Borfeo?
  5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Hi Yvonne, she's Carol Black, will be good to see them both, and hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you too! I'll be the bouncy excited looking person carrying a flugel and a moderator.
  6. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

will be good to meet you too!
  7. babycornet1

babycornet1 New Member

il be there with my band newland concert brass, playing 3rd solo cornet down
  8. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

The bands that I know are going............or think I know anyway!

B & L
    St Ronans?

I may be right and I may be wrong, was only told how many were entered.
  9. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

That isn't all the bands by the way, just the ones that I know are going ;-)

Think there's between 16 and 20 altogether, depending on w/ds!
  10. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Well it was nice to see all the people I knew yesterday. I must have either been scary, stand-offish or invisible, because nobody new came up and said "hello you must be Kirsty/flugelgal". Oh well!

I had a good day and I think Keppler enjoyed listening to all the bands.
  11. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Hi Kirsty, I saw you just as you came off stage and we were getting sorted to register, sorry I did not get the chance to say hi to you and Keppler. Well done do your band for winning second palce although that was never in doubt and also finishing 5th overall. We had a disasterous result coming 2nd last. I don't know that we played that bad but you can never tell what it sounds like to the adjudicator, or maybe our programme was not difficult enough for a 2nd section band or maybe we were just c***p.