Whos Going to Torquay in November

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by kevthedrummer, Oct 11, 2005.

1. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

Whos Going to Torquay in November
    Sorry if theres another thread

See ya there if your going ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Yes, unfortunately! After last time, playing in a room with worse acoustics than my dustbin, I promised myself I'd never bother again; but was talked into helping out. S'alright for you higher section bands but the poor old 4th. section are treated like lepers there!
  3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Who are you playing with mr Rapier who still hasn't told me his name? :tongue:

Its only at the SWBBA contest that the 4th section have too play in the roller skating hall! they don't at the areas, if thats any consolation!

I'll be there and were playing in the 3rd AND the 2nd section, if we manage to play both test pieces :tongue: St Austell Suite for 3rd section and Phillip Wilby's Partita for Band for the second section, what pieces are the other sections playing?

Should be a good day! :D:D:D
  4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I'm playing for your conductors 'other' band, just to make up the numbers. Boring 2nd horn part in Mexican Fiesta. It's a shame there are no higher section bands within any reasonable distance.
  5. meandmycornet

Come to South Molton!! We've got a spare 2nd Horn seat.... I think :tongue: Were not that far away!
  6. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

You play for south molton? Ive just started playing for Lympstone- our conductors been recording you?

I'll be at Torquay playing for Pendennis Junoir band in the morning and lympstone in the afternoon.
  7. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

AAHHHHHH Mexican Fiesta - Diddle Dum Di Dum Dum Diddle Dum di Dum Dum - oh memories are made of this.......
  8. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

S&S please pass my regards on to John Reeves and tell him an old friend may be back in the area soon, after 12 years away, and although Lympstone will be too far to travel, i will meet up with him.

That'll keep the old coger guessing ;)
  9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

No thanks, I can put up with 2nd horn just to help in a contest, but I wouldn't want to play it full time (I'd rather play 3rd cornet). I'll stick to Solo with my band. :D (And you are too far, anyway).
  10. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

What the Test Piece for the 3rd section coz ma dads playing it wiv Hayle ??
  11. persins

persins Member

More Lympstone ites!!

Is Charlie still conducting? I loved my time there! It was brilliant. Also say hello to John Reeves from me. I knew him from both Lympstone and Torbay!!

I doubt many of the old lot from my time will still be there but you never know. If they are, say hello from Simon!

I might be down in Torquay for the contest, but not sure what I'm doing yet.

12. meandmycornet

Oh wow!! Awwww charlie's lovely! Lympstone are 2nd section aren't they? we'll be playing in the same section as you if they are :tongue: do you like partita?
  13. sugarandspice

yeah 2nd. Piece is good. i like the fact that there is a lot of split euph parts. Gives me something interesting to do :)

Am quite liking living in devon too :) (still not as good as cornwall tho!)

Rebel tuba and simon- i will indeed, but can you just give me a rough idea of where i might find john?!! Is he the prinicipal cornet? Sorry, I'm still very new there and im not great with names! I now the other euph players name, and the trom players name, i've just learnt the 1st baritone players name! Getting there slowly! :)
  14. meandmycornet

Oh dear :tongue: i'm confused :confused:!!!

Ok question 1, are portishead playing at torquay?
    question 2, if so which section? because they came 3rd (they came 3rd didnt' they?) at the nationals, that means they go up to the 2nd section next year, right? soooo are they still allowed too play in the 3rd section? or are they only allowed too play in 2nd section? or can they play in both like we are? orrrr are they allowed too play in 2nd and 1st section? :confused: somebody help me! :tongue:
  15. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Nope portishead aren't going this year. We were promoted from the areas but we are second section status as of january next year.

p.s. yes it was 3rd that we came!!
  16. meandmycornet

Oooooh less competition then without Portishead! :tongue: Shame your not going, I listened too you at the area and you sounded fab! (You had lots of supporters as well with a big piece of sheet! :tongue: )
  17. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I'll be there! Playing with Pendennis Youth and Lympstone. Should be a good day - hopefully just as fun as last year!! :)
  18. sugarandspice

Yay! Its all offical now :) And of course it will be as fun as last year- who knows, i might even be able to stand up by myself this year!! :oops:

Seriously tho- me and liz need to get back to cornwall afterwards, so if anyone can help it would be great :) otherwise we are walking!...............or staggering!!
  19. meandmycornet

ooooh its like not very long til the contest now folks! I'm getting excited! I love the third section test piece (st austell suite) even if it is pure cheese, but i'm not so keen on the 2nd section test piece :(

does anybody know the timings of the contest? what sort of time is 3rd section and what sort of time is 2nd section? I can't believe we're playing in 2 sections! There's guna be no drinking time!

Oh and does anybody know what trade stands are going? I have to get my purple kelly mouthpiece this contest, i've been meaning too get one since forever! Ooooh and I want a sticker that say's Me and My Cornet on it cos that who I am! :tongue:

Ooooh just remembered, i'm guna have had my cornet a whole year on saturday!
  20. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Fi, I hope your Conductor is up to it! I mean he's got us first. :) And we will definitely be in the top 10, this time!! Having only 9 bands in our section may well help with that, though. :rolleyes:

Still it will be nice to be on my way home by 1 pm. (Unless you want to bribe me to stay on and cheer you lot on.) :cool: