Who's going to the SWBBA Brass Workshop in Tavistock?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Rapier, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Any tmper's going to this in February?

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I'll be there again... I'm resident "kit" player... ;-)

See you all there

3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Oh, I was thinking more of musicians! :D
    Still, I suppose a drummer might be of use. ;)

4. Naomi McFadyen

:eek: The cheek of it!!! :eek:
    *and* I'm coming down nearly 300 miles for this...

I'll get my own back ;-) I win best section every year :lol:

;)

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Makes note to self * Pack penknife for skin puncturing!

6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I'm going! :D once I fill in my form and getting money from band..... Yaaaay :D:D:D but of course you knew that already!

Come on people there has to be more of you going to help protect me and Nao from Rapier all weekend! :tongue:

7. Naomi McFadyen

....and what did I ever do to you eh? :rolleyes:

But hey, it's no problem, I'm not taking my own drum kit, so, Soundhouse Brass can charge you for a nice new set of skins and I can have an hour or so to fix them on and fine tune them so I sound even better.... :) nice idea :wink:

:tup :tup

8. Naomi McFadyen

I think you're safe Fi.... with you being a "brasstype" n all... :wink:

9. meandmycornet

Oh i don't know! He played tenor horn with my band last summer at Minehead, at mother came and sat next too me! Practically torture if you ask me! :tongue:

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

That's no way to talk about my tenor horn playing! I may not be Sheona White, but I play some of the right notes and sometimes at the right time!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    SWBBA Brass Workshop
    tMP
    Tavistock
    Cus Nao
    Dave
  12. meandmycornet

Of course your not Sheona White! for starters your a bloke!:tongue: I was saying your horn playing was torture anyway! I was saying the fact that mother came and sat next too me was torture! :tongue:

13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Right! I was going to let you buy me a Big Mac and Large Fries, but as you are being a meany, I'll buy my own! (Or perhaps I'll let Naruco pay. I am a 'pensioner' after all! Albeit a Police one and not Old Age one, yet!)

14. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

That's right, you tell her! :clap: :biggrin:

For the uninitiated (like me!), what happens at the SWBBA Brass Workshop? Who is(are) the instructor(s)?

15. Naomi McFadyen

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm afriad I'm very mucho got no money Sir... i was gonna pop to my parents for lunch... and no, you can't come :p

Just get Fi to pay :p if she being evil, then that can be her way of saying sorry ;)

16. Naomi McFadyen

The workshop is aimed mainly at lower section bands, although of course all brass players are welcome, and they ask publishers to give samples of new music that is out n about... the band play loads of pieces and do a mini concert at the end of the weekend... there's sectionals during the course, and loads of tea, coffee and biscuits too!! :p

Goff Richards leads the course each year, along with 2 guest conductors... in the past they have had Steve Sykes, Richards Evans, Stan L(surname please....!!??), Malcomn Brownbill, Leonard Adams etc etc etc...

This year Philip Harper and Duncan Beckley are there, along with Goff of course.

Percussion is on invite each year... I've done kit for the last 5 years for it!

17. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

Lippeatt?

18. Naomi McFadyen

Thats it... ta

19. meandmycornet

Ok you know I said that by accident! It should be you buying me the big mac anyway! I dunno why but it should! :tongue:

Its so exciting! :D:D Band are even going to pay for me to go :D the lovelyness! Also got the band social the night before so should be a top weekend!

20. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well judging by this thread, Naruco better bring her cornet, then we might manage a trio. I'll take my cornet too, so that we can have a sectional! :D

21. Naomi McFadyen

My t'other half will be there on Sop as well.
    Seems to be a lack of people in the South West (Devon/Cornwall) area that should be registered on tmp though...
    I'm betting they'll be nearly a hundred brass types there... tends to vary from 80ish to 120ish year to year....

;-)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    SWBBA Brass Workshop
    tMP
    Tavistock
    Cus Nao
    Dave