Who's going to the RNCM International Tuba/Euphonium Event?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Dave Thornton, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Dave Thornton

Dave Thornton Member

And if not - why not? These events happen every year in different countries but only now and again in the UK. So any Euphonium or tuba players should be there to see the best players of these instruments from around the globe. Steve Mead, Shoichiro Hokozano, Tormod Flatten, Glyn Williams on euph as well as many more. Tuba players include James Gourlay, Shaun Crowther, Roger Bobo, and many more of the most exciting and creative players around. Go to www.euphonium.net for more info and a registration form. RNCM, Manchester, 15th and 16th November.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tuba
    Tormod Flatten
    RNCM
    RNCM International Tuba
    Steve Mead
  3. Mark Bousie

Mark Bousie Member

Dave, how did you manage to get 4 posts on here without me noticing?!
    In answer to your question 'why not?' because the Festival is unfortunately the same weekend as Spennymoor as you know. Seriously though, I hope to get to some of the Saturday if I can manage it (Oh weally!!).

See you Friday.

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Sounds like a good event! Some cracking players in that line up. Almost makes me wish I could play Euph properly!

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

My Dad will be there with Godiva Music, and hopefully there will be some tMP leaflets on his trade stall. Can't make it myself, more's the pity :(

6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I'm going for both days, (staying over on the saturday night). I'm really looking forward to it, as it's my first Tuba/ Euph festival i've been to. It really does have a showcase of brilliant players, and looks to be a great weekend!
    I'm real excited now!!!! :p :lol:

7. iv had to get out of doin spennymoor now cos iv VERY recently been informed that my RNCM audition is the following monday, so il be trying to get some practice in that wkend hopefully instead of all the staying over, not much sleep and muchos alcohol. i wasnt originally going to be at the fest, but now im going. im even playing some solo stuff for the junior school in a concert on the saturday :shock: ! so i mite be spectated by some of the pros if im lucky. see every1 there

8. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Guess what?
    World of Brass will be at the Tuba/Euphonium Festival AND Spenneymoor!

9. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Mark, some people have to go to both!! You should come along and support a member of your band!

Jayne

10. Highams

Highams Member

I wish I could be there, how about a CD of the event ?

Any chance of staging something like it in London?

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk

11. only the best gets international conferences!! :lol: (that north/south divide thing again, haha)its a shame they're not doing those solo competitions this time round, they had quality prizes last time, silent brass mutes + a load of cash 4the junior section, then a brand spanking new tuba for the open section. bit gutted really

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tuba
    Tormod Flatten
    RNCM
    RNCM International Tuba
    Steve Mead
  13. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

everyone go and support ben on the sunday.. he is mint :)
    what are you playing mate?

14. leisa

leisa Active Member

hehehe we've been offored free tickets from college hehehe......although i must find out if thats just for tub and euphonium players hmmmm....maybe i can pretend! :grnsm

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hmmm... think you might have trouble convincing someone you were a tuba player leisa!!

16. im playin on the saturday aidan. about 1'oclock in the big hall.
    not entirely sure what im playin yet, i think im doin:
    Plog - no.1 from 3minatures for tuba
    Arutunian - concerto (2nd mvt.)
    Ionel - Rumanian Dance no.2
    and something else (nice and slow possibly)

shud b ok hopefully :?

17. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

I would love to go but we have a contest on Sunday 16th :( and on the Saturday we have a rehearsal followed by an 18th birthday party. :)

It is for one of our cornet players and she has invited the whole band. :D

Should be good fun but maybe not the best preparation for a contest :guiness :guiness :guiness

18. faerie

faerie Member

Im going, or at least my mother should be buying the tickets fingers crossed. Dragging myself back from Uni specially for it, oh, and obviously to see my family as well :S

19. Big Fella

Big Fella Member

Will be there for some of it, when not doing contest rehearsal's..

Should be a really good weekend..

20. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

I'm going ... AND I have tickets. Should be a great week-end ... I just hope my fellow euphonium players at Huddersfield have tickets for both days otherwise I could be off on my own for the second. :p

21. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Dave, a couple of the lasses on euph said they had tickets. I'll have to come straight back after we've played though cos I've got band and Spennymoor the next day.

Don't worry, you won't be a loner!

Jayne

22. jonford

jonford Member

I should be there for Saturday morning and most of the sunday hopefully. All I have to do now is find and send off the form!