Who's going to hear YBS in Lochgelly on 4th September?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by flugelgal, Aug 28, 2004.

Are you going to the YBS Concert in Lochgelly on 4th September 2004

Poll closed Sep 5, 2004.
  1. Yes - I'll be there!

37 vote(s)
  2. No - I won't be there!

5 vote(s)
  3. What concert?

1 vote(s)
  1. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I shall be there along with some fellow Granite City Brass band members. (Assuming that our tickets have been ordered...)
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  2. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

I am going to see them on the Sunday at Langholm, really looking forward to it.
  3. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yup im going.
  4. Moy

Moy Active Member

Great concert....superb evening.
    What a programme lots of variety so all should have been well pleased tonight.
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... I just made the journey there myself. Soloists on good form and ending with a fantastic performance of Philip Sparke's 'Music Of The Spheres'. Well worth £13. Pity the Troon contest stopped others from getting to the venue in time.
  6. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Have been to the concert in Langholm this afternoon and it was just brilliant, and a snip at £8.00. Just wish I had an ounce of the talent that the soloists had or anyone of them for that matter.
  7. Razor

Razor Member

Can only agree there!

Luckily I got to hear them both last night and this afternoon and although it was the same programme today (apart from an excerpt of Music of the Spheres only today) it was well worth hearing for a second time!

A real privilege to hear truly world class playing from a great band and conductor! The best in the business!!