Whoops, better late than never

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dave 2nd2nd Cornet, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Hi all on tMP, joined a few days ago and didn't realise we had to do an intro.
    I'm Dave and live in Bolton, Lancs. Returned to banding late 2005 after a few years out due to family commitments. Returned to Eatons Farnworth & Walkden band, which is more or less the only band i've ever played for and I'm really enjoying playing again. Other interests include Football:D and computers.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Walkden
    Farnworth
    South Molton Town Band :D
    TMP
    Liz Loftus
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Hiya Dave, and :hi to tMP. You don't have to do an intro, but its good to see what people have been up to. Its also an easy way to get into the tMP posting habit ;)

Have fun here, and I hope to see you around the forums. :)

4. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Many thanks for the welcome Ian

5. Di

Di Active Member

Hi there Dave.

Glad you've joined us. :)

6. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Thank you, looks like tMPs gonna be addictive

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

It sure is... welcome :hi

8. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Woohoo!!!! Nice to have another Boltonian on here :tongue:

9. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Many thanks for the welcome MusicMan and thank you to HorniKaz - so not many Boltonians on tMP then, that's something we'll have to change. A bit of a drag out to Freckleton innit?

10. TheMusicMan

So, given you're a Boltonian, does that mean you're as mad as a KAzzer...:)

11. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Hey, I'm not mad!! Just a little disturbed!!! :-?

Hi Dave!! Yes it is a bit of a drag to Freck, but worth it. Say HELLO to Frank (trombone) for me. Tell him I used to be at Hoover. :tongue:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Walkden
    Farnworth
    South Molton Town Band :D
    TMP
    Liz Loftus
  13. TheMusicMan

Ahhhh... OK if that's what you call it.;)

14. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

HA HA HA You don't have to be mad to be a Boltonian, but it sure does help. ;)

15. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Will mention the name when I see him, he's been in hospital for a couple of days this week and didn't play on Friday, hoping to see him at rehearsals this week. You most likely know Jo Riley from Hoover then.

16. vonny

vonny Member

Hi Dave

Welcome to tmp it's nice to have you on board. I'm from Bury - which isn't too far away from Bolton, and Bolton was my 2nd home for 4 years when i studied at The University of Bolton.

Yvonne x

17. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Welcome Dave!

I think there are plenty of us from Bolton, we just keep it a bit quiet :biggrin: . oops!!!

18. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Many thanks Yvonne for your welcome, yet another traveller - Glossop. We used to visit Glossop Band Club regularly on Sunday nights, as my wife lived up there up to us getting married. Happy days.

19. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Thanks for the welcome Liz, erm North Devon, is that somewhere near Smithills - Ha Ha Ha:)

20. vonny

vonny Member

I certainly am a traveller - but that's another story!
    I sometimes play a game with my children, it's called now you see me now you don't, as i seem to be here, there and everywhere.:)

21. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Moved some time ago, banding nearly drove me back!!! But then I found South Molton Town Band :D venture to the North frequently - just played with TMP at Whit Friday :tup Highly recommended!! used to know a number from Walkden Band I am so old though they were probably befire your time............ Colin Angel. Mt hubbies never played a note but was born and bred in Walkden and new a number of the band. Enjoy TMP its amazing who you know.

22. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

I think my kids like to get me out of the way on rehearsal nights - one of them is always stood behind the front door with my cornet and music.:clap:
    I prefer playing with a local band though, i couldn't do with the travelling.