Who'll buy me a pint at Stevenage

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by HBB, Mar 13, 2004.

1. HBB

HBB Active Member

Who's going? But More Importantly .. who'll buy me a nice pint ;)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    pint
    Stevenage
    nice pint
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I'll buy you a pint Ben - but only if you stick around til Sunday :(

Edit: He's not old enough to drink yet! (RT - the responsible Mod! :roll: )

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Roger :evil:

Me and my mum are coming to listen (we think) on Sunday Anyway!

5. Accidental

Roger - if his mum's there to chaperone, who am I to argue?! (says the girl who's dad fed her Guiness at 14! :lol: )

Ben - see you in the bar! :wink:

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

Lol ;)

You in the 3rd Section?

7. Accidental

I wish!
    Unfortunately I have to get through Tristan - really looking forward to that (NOT!) :shock:

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

OOOohhh! What band? Our conductor plays with Regent Brass.

9. Accidental

Friary.
    First time in the top section for a long time, so should be "interesting"!!

10. HBB

HBB Active Member

YOu'll be fine!

We've got pressure. 8th + or relegation :(

11. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Don't worry Roger, am sure that our other responsible mod PeterBale will be on hand to control our over-exuberent Benny.. ;)

Ben, I'll buy you a 7up if I ever meet you, just to make it up to you ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    pint
    Stevenage
    nice pint
  13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I have already said I will buy you a pint therefore confirming what most people think of me that I am irresponsible!

I will also be there Sunday too! But sober I'm afraid helping 'behind the scenes' so to speak.

Maestro will buy you a pint, generousity is his middle name

14. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I'm looking forward to Stevenage, I've never played in this area before, so I know nothing about the bands I'm up against, nor the venue we're playing at. I don't even know where Stevenage is (good job I'm going on the bus)!
    It's also my first contest with Chichester, so I'm starting to get excited now! :D

15. Dan

Dan Member

I will be there on Saturday so may see some of you in the bar for a pint!

Alex - best of luck to you and Nigel in your new section, hope you do well. Its a shame that this year they decided to move the 1st section to Saturday, nevermind. Will be looking forward to hearing all the Sunday results, probably off here.

Good luck to all for Stevenage next week - arghh, getting nervous thinking of it now! :shock:

16. Dan

Dan Member

We are playing in the Concert hall this year instead of the Gordan Craig Theatre. I have heard that this is actually the gym where you would normally warm up if you were playing in the Theatre.

Is this true???

Does anyone know what the Concert Hall is like as I have heard it is very echoey

17. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yup. We've always played in the Gym. It's odd, and it is really echoey. Your warm up room is directly behind the stage!!!! It's rather odd. Bless the old dears that run it.

18. HBB

HBB Active Member

Not sure about the "warming up bit though". Although there are no bands in there!

19. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

No way mate. After yesterday I am no longer in the 'generous' mood. I am in mourning :cry: :cry: :cry:

20. Accidental

Thank you! Good luck to you guys too - you really belong in the top section imo. Hopefully you'll get a decent result and bounce back up pretty quickly!

21. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I'll be there (Funnily enough), I'll buy you a pint (of coke as ususal :D ).

Yes the concert hall is the Gym, usually it's boomy but to make it worse they stick these drapes all over the place and has the totally reverse affect, on stage you can't here a thing!, the note just plops out of your instrument.

22. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Thanks for the kids words alex, but as someone else mentioned in a different thread with a different band, we should only be there if we perform at championship level all of the time.