Who will be the next Cory MD?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Cath Ata, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Cath Ata

Cath Ata New Member

Who is on the cards to take over at Cory?

Craig Roberts? Gareth Ritter, Gary Cutt, Dr Thick?

Who would you like to see at the helm for such a great band with such amazing potential. Will it be an established old star, or a new conductor making a name.

Who will fill the good Dr's shoes?
  2. Kofi

Kofi Member

Philip Harper??
  3. euph1991

euph1991 Member

It would be a bold move to do it (big rivalry between cory and tredegar etc), but I don't see any reason that should prevent Ian Porthouse from getting the job. Fabulous conductor, great record at the top level, and a great guy as well. He'd get the job if it was down to me!
  4. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Unless he's already turned it down........

Personally think it may be Mr Cutt
  5. Cath Ata

Cath Ata New Member

Gary is a great conductor and a great guy.
  6. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Wonder what odds Paddy would give for Joshua "The Rock" Ruck conducting Cory within the next ten years.....
  7. Al, i predict the rock will be there in a few years.

Dont even mention the £7, business hasnt been good lately, prostitution obviously wasnt a good career path for me. Back to studying accounting!
  8. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

9. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

Paul Holland!
  10. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Enough of that!!
  11. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

12. Cath Ata

Cath Ata New Member

Now your being silly. He's far far to tall and thin. Steve Sykes (snr)?
  13. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

The problem Cory have is they are relatively isolated from anywhere except south Wales or SW England which narrows the choices down for a full time md. They could go for a local resident and get someone in from afar on a pro basis. Maybe Wayne Ruston as resident and Brian Buckley as Professional? At least WR could be sure that CBB wouldn't be in the box then!
  14. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Yes, but Steve Sykes is also tall and th........ Well he's quite tall.
  15. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

Oh God!!! Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!
  16. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

I recognise the first 3, but who on earth is "Dr Thick" - or is it just a typing error?
  17. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

I definitely think that Paul Holland is a prime candidate for Cory, his success with Newbridge band followed by his good placings with Flowers Band over several years. He lives in Wales and is probably just right now for that small higher echelon of top rated bands. It's a no brainer as they say!
  18. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I've been waiting for the phone to ring for days now. Surely they can't have lost my number :-?
  19. Cath Ata

Cath Ata New Member

Why not. At Least you would have more to offer than just average band conducting experience and the dubious achievemet of dragging a 3rd section band kicking and screaming Into the championship only to leave it desamated ccompletely because you didn't allow any of the bands stalwarts to remain along the way. (Actually hang on, that Sousa a bit like Bob at Cory too!!!) anyway,

I dont know PH at all, but I do know he can't blow his nose and that he has ruined 1 band in south Wales through selfish "get your mates in" behaviour and Cory would do well to leave him alone!

Mr Wilson has played with some great conductors in some great orchestras. He can also blow his nose apparently so why not!
  20. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Your phone may indeed ring if they decide to look "Nationwide" for their next md.