Who likes York euphoniums ?

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by Mr. Stomvi, Jul 11, 2010.

Overall - what do you think of York euphs ?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2010.
  1. Overall - I like them !

15 vote(s)
  2. Overall - I don't like them !

4 vote(s)
  1. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Member

In response to another thread regarding York euphs. which can be found here

I've decided to start a poll here to see what people actually think of them.

Please note - I don't now or have never worked for York (I'm retired) and I don't even play euph (Smith Watkins "Soloist" cornet for me)

So here it is

1. Overall - Do you like your York euph. ?

2. Overall - Do you not like your York euph. ?
  2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

thread moved to the correct forum
  3. tenortuba

tenortuba Member

That'll be 14 for and 5 against now then now that david York has jumped the sinking ship?
  4. Jan H

1) there is no ship anymore, so it cannot be "sinking"

2) who sais he doesn't like them any more?

I hope you can tell the difference between "endorsing" and "liking". It is possible to like more than one brand...
  5. tenortuba

tenortuba Member

You are right of course

1) should read sunken rather than sinking

2) It might make a good advertising slogan "David Besson quite likes York as well maybe"
  6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

It doesn't bother me where the euph player comes from, all of them seem to be decent enough chaps ;)
  7. Jan H

It's just like other products that are endorsed: supermodels endorsing hair products, athletes endorsing sport shoes, etc. Everyone understands the way it works.
    Unless you are extremely gulible...

Btw, I think you misspelled his last name.
  8. tenortuba

tenortuba Member

9. Blower

Blower Member

Who cares??
  10. Jan H

yes, a person who is gulible enough to buy Nike Air shoes only because athlete X (I'm sorry, I couldn't give you a name, because I have no idea), might also be gulible enough to buy a York euphonium purely based on endorements. But I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people aren't.

For myself, I know that a lot of top athletes wear Nike shoes, so when I'd go buy sports shoes, I would certainly try out their shoes, although their may be other brands that are just as good, maybe even cheaper ones.

(there is another interesting analogy with shoes: aren't most of them made in the Far East? :rolleyes: But let's not go into that for know ;) )
  11. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I may or may not like York instruments but I do know that I like plantpots ;-)
  12. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

when do you find endorsees saying "this is the best instrument in the world. ever." ..?
    I've never seen it... most of the people that endorse the big brands would make a piece of 10p chinese rubbish sound great.
    At the end of the day it is their job to promote instruments not because they are the only good brand in the world and all others pale into insignificance... it's because they are great players and the companies want them to be seen playing their instruments.
    They wouldn't play them if they weren't completely happy with the instrument, whether it has just come off the shelf, or has been custom made to suit the player, as many endorsee instruments are.
  13. baritastic

baritastic Member

York shmork.

You know my thoughts. I won't bore you with them again.

I won't be buying a besson simply because David besson is playing one!
  14. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Hooray!!!! :clap:

(now waits for snide comment about freelancers...;))
  15. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

I don't own a york instrument but had tried one and had mixed feelings about it. Its a lovely instrument don't get me wrong but i just feel that certain aspects like valves didn't seem right. It might have been that particular instrument but the valves keep to catch the Valve casings.