Who likes Football?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, Nov 17, 2004.

1. i was just thinking if anyone agrees, that we should orginise a 5 a side football tournament between all the bands in eitherthe north west or anybody that wants to do it.

There's the big arena near the trafford centre.

What do you think?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Football
    anyone
    arena
    anybody
    centre
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Its a good idea.
    Over summer United Yorkshire Co-op organised a fund raising band 5 a side football tournament near Brighouse , so if a rep of theirs posts on here they could offer advice on organisation etc.
    Think about 16 bands played and it was fantastic fun. :p

Another one would be pretty cool. :D
    Chance to meet more people, play footie and drink beer... :guiness

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Why spoil the beer with kicking a ball around?

5. ju33les

ju33les Member

:shock: Wow! You thinking of going to Old Trafford???:p

6. Hollie

Hollie Member

Yeah that would be so fun!!!
    I'll come!!

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

(sigh...) I only I were younger. And fitter. :)

8. six pints

six pints Active Member

If only the rest of my band were younger and fitter!! the average age is about 60 and im the youngest by about 20 years!!!
    (ok im exagerrating. there are 4 under forty. but im the only one under 25 easily!!)

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Funny you mention that, six pints. I went to a concert here on Arran last Sunday, performed by the Audley Horn Trio (Excellent concert too! Beethoven Horn Sonata, Franck Violin Sonata and Brahms Horn Trio), but my better half pointed out, looking at the audience, that I, at 41, was quite probably the youngest person listening to the concert! ;-)

10. six pints

six pints Active Member

LOL!! i have to say it has its advantages- i never have to buy my own drinks!!

11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I share your surprise!! Someone not from Essex going to Old Trafford??? That's unheard of isn't it????

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Football
    anyone
    arena
    anybody
    centre
  13. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

For the benefit of any Man U fans out there you may need to offer directions to Old Trafford , as the vast majority of them have never been there !!

Apparently Man U are looking at the possibility of leaving Old Trafford and moving to a new super-stadium.It will be built near the M25 so their fans find it easier to get to.

14. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

There was a Music Dept football league at Salford Uni this year, can field either five a side or a full team if anyone wants a match??

15. Chris Sanders

As the majority of Man U fans reside in London, the new stadium will be far more accessible for the Home fans!!

16. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

wahoo that sounds like a great idea it will stop them clogging up the M60 near my house whenever there is a home match :biggrin:

17. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

STheir are football teams, big clubs and then their is Manchester United THE global phenomenum (is that the right spelling?) of international football.

Just because some small teams can not attract fans from more than 1/2 a mile away because no one has heard of them is no excuse for the usual petty jealousy.

18. Chris Sanders

Global Phenomenon?? You got the right club??

19. Chris Sanders

Just realised where you're from proving my point entirely, I thank you!!!

P.S. My club fills its ground regularly with true born and bred local fans, no need for outsiders who only follow United because they 'USED TO BE' a successful club!! Baaa!!

20. stevetrom

So your 'local' and 'successfull' club is ?

21. Chris Sanders

I never said we were successful!!

Plus, do you think i'd tell you who I support so that you can slag it off?? I dont think so!!

22. stevetrom

Embarressed by any chance ?

Would success for your team be ONLY winning the FA Caup last season?