Who is your hero?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by B'aht a band, Nov 6, 2005.

1. B'aht a band

B'aht a band Member

Don't know if this is a new thread, but I am quite interested in finding out about other people's hero's. My hero is a guy called Joe Simpson. He is a climber who survived a broken ankle and 5000 ft fall in inhospitable terrain in Peru. He is now an accomplished writer and author. To be fair, I also have another hero, and his name is Pete Goss. He was taking part in The Vendee (a single-handed round the world yacht race). He got a call in the Southern Ocean to say a fellow competitor was in trouble and battled back 170 miles in a hurricane to help his opponent. He has since been awarded an MBE and also the Legion Of Honeur in France.

As for banding, I have no hero's, but just interested in other folk's...

TIMBONE Active Member

I have a hero who is not a real person, just a character in a television series. In my 54 years and 9 months (+ another 9 months to be totally accurate) this is the man I admire most. Kwai Chang Cain from the TV series Kung Fu. A gentle and wise man whose only wish is to help his fellow human beings, who, at the same time, is able to beat the c..p out of low life and scum.

3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I have many - in various fields that I have interests.

Abigail Witchalls is my heroine of the moment.

The rest of the list includes...

Rosa Parks
    Bobby Moore
    Ian Botham
    Keith Boyce
    Brian Clough
    Harry Redknapp
    Emma Stewart and Karen Mattison
    Emma Jones
    Alison Bingham
    Sandra Booth
    The Beyond Boundaries team, especially Sophie
    Mark Gruenwald
    Tom Palmer
    Paul Ryan
    Philip Sparke
    Rev Jessee Jackson
    Tony Banks
    Tony Banks
    Steve Hackett
    Phil Collins
    Mike Rutherford
    Peter Gabriel
    Gary Clarke
    Pete McGibbon
    Laserbeam Bass
    My Mum

and JV Burns.
  4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

my dad is my hereo, hes had to put up with so much in his life, but he keeps on strugglling through.
    Dad your a star
  5. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

my sister in law

my brother
    their kids
    and my old man for putting up with me!
  6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I think the term Hero is overused by todays media! I feel a Hero is someone who knowingly puts themselves in danger to help others. I've worked with a few.
  7. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Dan Dan Daa...

Its Him!!
  8. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Knowing I'm not the only one..... :)
  9. B'aht a band

B'aht a band Member

:clap: :biggrin: :clap: :biggrin: :clap:
  10. my ultimate hero is the one and only mr spongebob squarepants!! woooooo!!
  11. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

i have a friend who i think is my hero cos she has been through alot in her life and always has a smile,
    at the age of 2 her brother got cancer and a year later died, she suddely then went deaf and they think this was some kind of reaction to the shock, that made things hard enough, at the age of 15 one of her friend accused her dad( who was a teacher) of sexual abuse and he then got sent to jail fo 18 months at this she and her mum had to move house and she lost the remainder of her hearing, she carried on never the less studying hard and playing saxophone, 6 months later the girl took back her claim and my friends dad was released from prison but cannot teach any longer,

my friend then went to university and had to miss time so that she could have a cochlea inplant but has now finished uni and recently got married. she is an amazing person and deserves all the happiness in the world.
  12. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Has anyone arranged the theme music yet?????
    I jest, I jest!
  13. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Owain Glyndwr
  14. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

err... NO!!
  15. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Freddie Mercury, John Lennon, Jonny Wilkinson, Black Dyke, Tony Blair ;) , MI5 and nicolaforsberg. Although (with the exception of MI5) they are are probably more inspirational than heroic.
  16. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

My Mum.

Those that know me well enough know what she went through, and then to add insult to injury had to suffer through 5 years of cancer before it finally killed her.

She was a truly wonderful woman, and if I end up being half the person she was I'll be a happy man.
  17. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

My mam

James Shepard

Paul Hughes
  18. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

mickey mouse! after finally meeting him at the ripe old age of 23, i think the guy is a legend!!:biggrin:
  19. Melph

Melph Member

Any conductor that dares to stand up in front of the Cawston Band...... they are all brave and rate as hero's!
  20. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Not the case these days, its much better since you left :biggrin:

All joking apart my hero was my Grandfather, taught me to drink, play rugby, play cards, and many other life changing things.

He died only a few days after my 18th birthday and although very, very ill came to my party to have a drink with me. I still miss him to this day and want to tell him things that I no longer can.

My sporting hero is without doubt Martin Johnson - legend and nice bloke to boot.