Who is the most frightening driver on our roads?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mrs Womble, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

A) White Van Man

B) Mondeo Man

C) Flat Cap man in a 1972 Maestro

D) Baseball Cap man in a BMW

E) Lorry Driver Reading the sun on the move

F) Middle Lane Hogger

G) School Run Mum

H) Learner Motorcyclist late for College
  2. BoBo

BoBo Member

Boy racer :-?
  3. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Could be the geezer I saw on the way to work, on the phone, with a smoke in his fingers and an A-Z on his steering wheel!!
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm going for "flat cap man in 72 maestro" as i feel there is some connection there with Linda's written off motor!! ;)
  5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

You missed an option "BMW (or pretty much any german car) Sales Exec/Middle Manager" up your backside doing 85+ on the motorway!
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Lorry driver reading the sun... they already take out enough cars without even noticing, so when they've got something else distracting them they're deadly! the number of times they've nearly wiped me out on motorways and roundabouts is really beginning to get annoying!! Even when you beep and flash your lights all they do is wave their hand like that makes it all better... couldn't they drive themselves into a wall or something? Then I'd feel better!
  7. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

my brother would say me.....but i say....white van man, being a young girl and all. not saying all white van people are like that though :S
  8. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Perhaps the guy who drives the delivery truck that drove into my car which was parked outside my house this morning!!! :(
  9. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Ooooh gutted!
  10. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

see! white (just pretend if it was not white) van man!
  11. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

yep I was!!!!! The main thing is it is mainly superficial so can still drive up to harrogate at the weekend! pain in the bottom though!!!!!!!
  12. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

My vote goes to the woman I followed into Wigan one morning. This is absolutely true:

She drove at 27mph in a 40mph zone and approx 60mph in a 20mph zone
    While she was driving she,
    combed her hair,
    painted her nails,
    put on mascara, eyeshadow and blusher,
    made 4 phone calls on her mobile,
    spent 3 minutes after the lights had changed taking off a jacket (with the result that they changed again)
    went through 1 red light and nearly ran over a pedestrian on the crossing
    emptied her ashtray into the road
    I have never before or since seen an exhibition like it.
  13. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

No it was a woman not a flat cap man in 72 Maestro who wrote my car off!! she was turning right in a left lane and put a big dent in the side of the car. The worst part was that I had only got the car one week before! say no more! LOL
  14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hmmm... anyone else noticing a bit of a trend here... ;)
  15. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

you are all frightening drivers: you all drive on the wrong side of the road!!! :p;)
  16. Cornet_player

Cornet_player Member

White Van Man who thinks that as there are two lanes entering a rounderbout there should be 3 leaving it!!
  17. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

out of them, E or F..... but I hear Volvo drivers have some sort of attitude as well which makes them, awful drivers.... ;-)
  18. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

OUR GAFFA he is deadly:-D
  19. jpbray

jpbray Member

BMW person (more PC) with mobile glued to ones ear. :cool:
  20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Hee hee hee... Have you ever wondered what happens when 2 Volvos want to be in the same bit of road? Well I'll tell you. The oldest, most battered Volvo with the most determined driver gets there first because I'm not so bothered about my paintwork. Sorry, did I say "I"? I meant "they"...

Out of the options given I'd say all of the above, but there is a special circle of Hell reserved for
    a) those who drive at 25mph round all the corners or when there is traffic coming towards them, then wazz off at 65 as soon as there's a nice straight bit
    b) those that hold you up at 40 mph for miles, then when they come to a 30 limit past a school they continue at 40, chortling at their own cunning as you slow down like a good girl

Exquisite pain's too good for them, I say.
    BMB "The Volvo Driver"