who is the adjudicator for the tameside youth festival

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Fifi, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Fifi

Fifi Member

who is it????

does anyone know???

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    youth festival
    anyone
    adjudicator
    tameside youth festival
  3. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

I dunno who is the conductor but all i want to say is Good Luck to anyone who is going but a big big GOOD LUCK to Bex and Cerrid dunno if i spelt it right but i sorta always go and see SSBB when there at my local church so a BIG MASSIVE good luck to them aswell.

Good Luck Peps

4. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I don't know who the adjudicator is, but I'm going to cheer my brother on who plays percussion for Enderby Youth!

5. Dolly

Dolly Member

actually Cerrid plays for PYBB not SSBB

6. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

it was roy sparkes (sorry if i spelt his name rong) and the results ive posted in adjudicators comments in thameside youth contest, or you can look in 4bars rest in news at the results

7. Steve

Steve Active Member

I have never seen an adjudicator give someone a whopping great big hug before giving them an individual award before, certainly raised a few eyebrows from the back of the hall. Nevermind, I didnt hear her play but from what I was told she thoroughly deserved the award. Congratulations.

8. Dolly

Dolly Member

hmmm yeah, but she deserved the award, she's an absolutely top class cornet player - we all gaze in awe! :lol:

9. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i thought it was a bit fishy too... considering the conductor spoke announcing the pieces they were playing too.

10. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

I now Cerrid plays for PYBB but i was tlking about Bex who plays for SSBB sorry for any Confusion. Plus i was sayin a big good Luck to stockport Schools

11. leisa

leisa Active Member

thanx!!!!! were u at our denton concert?? becky said u were but i wasnt sure who u were u'll have to come and say hello next time!! :)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    youth festival
    anyone
    adjudicator
    tameside youth festival
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Did anyone catch the stewards announcement in the middle of the contest?

"The band that played number 2, Enderby Youth Band have lost their temple blocks, can anyone ....." :shock:

14. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

it was a farce!

15. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

what's the point of having a box...

16. Waterboy

Waterboy New Member

re: well done

Must say well done to all, caught a biut of smithills programme outside the door and heard Abraham & horbury. Must say very good programme Abraham, very difficult though under nerves for you this time. Enjoyed the day,

Well done my ex band, what u play FIFI?

Matt Fearn
    ex Smithills School
    Now Yorkshire Imperial DUT Band

17. leisa

leisa Active Member

didnt know that happened bout enderbury!! silly!! Pavey completely desereved the cornet award and our conductor was announcing the pieces cos thats what compares generally tend to do ...as far as we knew nothing fishy was goin on whatsoever or surely we woulda come higher than 5th?!?! ..... :shock: :eek:

18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I don't want to say anything to upset anyone but is it really a coincidence that the band who had their name read out are the same band that said their name on stage at Blackpool and got away with it?

19. Steve

Steve Active Member

Lynchie, we all know they are a law unto themselves. We will just have to wait for the next gob full of abuse from them before beating them yet again. Quickie for anyone in the SSBB, PYBB etc......... How fierce is the rivalry between you and your local youth bands. For some reason Enderby hate us with a passion (not just over musical matters!!!!) despite the fact they only see us twice a year.

20. Waterboy

Waterboy New Member

which bands name was read out? we had that problem on whit friday on the ashton side some daft person read the bands name out.

matt fearn

yorkshire imps

ex smithills

21. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i'm sorry but i disagree with conductors speaking as compares, pehaps it would be okay to do it at an open contest, but at a closed one, a well known conductor could give the band's identity away.
    So could one of the band members reading out, the accent could give an insight to where the band comes from.

I meant it;'s funny that Chris Wormald read out what they were playing, and he's a well known conductor, especially with Smithills School Bands, and that they just so happened to win...

22. Di

Di Active Member

I don't think its fair to say that "Enderby" as a unit hate YB2000. Could it be that there are just a few who, shall we say, are jealous of the musical ability of YB and unfortunately its the loud voice of the few that you here rather than the majority? I don't think its fair to tar them all with the same brush, so to speak.