Who is going to West Midlands/Leamington Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by ian perks, Nov 21, 2004.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I am going to listen next week and support the local association contest,(WEST MIDLANDS/LEAMINGTON SPA)
    Does any one know which bands are going and what sections they will be in. All i know is that Newhall will be in 3/4th section and playing "A PIECE CALLED I MUST NOT DIVULGE THIS INFORMATION ON TMP"

What piece is each Band playing?

Edit tMM: tMP does not permit informing of test pieces in our public forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2004
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    West Midlands
    Leamington Contest
    LEAMINGTON SPA
    Newhall
    TMP
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Note, that it isn't tMP Policy to announce Own-Choice Testpiece selections. I'd advise you edit it out Ian...

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Warwick Uni shall be there, also playing an undivulged series of chords and phrases...

5. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

That sounds very similar to the piece I will be playing/sight reading on the day with my old band. If I ever find out what we are playing.......... :cool:

6. davidsait

davidsait Member

Hey hey hey! What are you doing posting this evening? Your excuse for not coming for curry with us was that you had a seminar to prepare for! How do you explain posting when you should be at the Bengal??

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

i shall be there also.
    ill be playing a succesion of chordythings to

8. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Langley will be there of course....... could do without - too many other gigs.
    Fri, Sat gigs then contest Sun....lovely weekend ;)

9. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Brackley will be there and, although I can't tell you what we are playing, can I just say that it is'nt what we played at Pontins and, as I have been away with work, tonight will be only my 2nd rehearsal on the piece!

Why change piece, conductor, etc between 2 contest only 27 days apart ?

I wish i knew why !

10. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I think it's a good idea to do different pieces- keeps the band motivated and interested. We did Wilkinsons (Purcell Variations)-3rd Oct, Pontins (The Deep)-31st Oct and St Helens (Renaissance)- 21st Nov. 3 contests, all difference pieces within 7 weeks.

11. Di B

Di B Member

Matlock will be there in the 4th section.

We are playing a difficult piece that contains black blobs on sticks over most of the manuscript paper. Sometimes, there is a white blob, but I am not sure if that is a printing error? :)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    West Midlands
    Leamington Contest
    LEAMINGTON SPA
    Newhall
    TMP
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

1. I was preparing, I was simply taking a short, well earned break.

2. I have £58 left until next weekend, so I was saving money for Leam!