Who Is Going To The Areas?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by HorniKaz, Feb 11, 2005.

1. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Just been chatting to stirlingsop & we were discussing how people have been saying that the 2nd & 3rd section test pieces are too difficult for the bands to play. We've also heard rumours of quite anumber of bands withdrawing from this years regionals due to the piece & lack of bums on seats.

So here's the question.....

Who is & who isn't going to their regionals this year?

Hoover are going. 7am rehearsal again!!! Yippee!!
  2. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Middleton are definitely going.

We are travelling down on the day, so look out for a band of bleary eyed troopers wandering round the Winter Gardens on March 13th!!
  3. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Flixton will be there at the North West Areas on Sunday 13 March. We'll be playing in the 3rd section this year.
  4. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Parr (Richardson Ltd) St Helens are not going:( due to lack of players.
    I have even booked the day off work and the week after to nurse my hangover!
    Suppose a band could adopt me as a mascot?!?!
  5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Murton are going to the Northern Area and since we have one of your players (Jennifer) playing for us while she's at uni over here we'd adopt you. Only snag is our areas are the last week of feb so you'd have to rearrange your holiday and make travel arrangements to get to Darlington
  6. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Thank you for your kind offer, but i have no chance of changing my weeks holiday, once booked its like set in stone. Good luck.
  7. Ste69

Ste69 Member

The East Yorkshire Motor Services will be attending - (Unless we're just rehearsing it for a laugh)

Otherwise we'll see you in the Echoey Bathroom - (sorry... Dolphin Centre):p
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Emley will be there as ever in the Yorkshire 4th section. 'Ave it! :terrier
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

YWDB will be there in the L&SC 2nd Section! :)
  10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Cawston will be there in L & SC 2nd Section. See you in the bar Mr Tubb
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

But of course! Let's hope that's we'll both be celebrating next time we meet :tup
  12. postie

postie Member

Bestwood will be at the areas at Burton on the 13th of March.
  13. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Think we'll be going... depends whether I can afford the bus fare to bradford... ;) ;)
  14. davidsait

davidsait Member

We'll be at Burton Upon Trent this year. 1st time in the 3rd section since 2000.......
  15. six pints

six pints Active Member

aye, wansbeck ashington's going to NE in darlo, as long as our conductor doesnt have a heart attack before then (hes been getting a touch stressed at our rubbishness recently). test pieces are hard this year, specially with mumps!
  16. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Barnton will be there (northwest 4th section)

kel x
  17. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Reg Vardy will be at Darlo on 27th Feb
  18. sywity

sywity New Member

Pilling Jubilee will be there in 3rd Section (Northwest):clap:

Simon Scholes
    Solo Horn
    Pilling Jubilee Silver Band
  19. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I shall be attending the Midland Areas this year playing in top section with Travelsphere and supporting various lower section bands in the Area as well.

I shall also be at the North-West Area, cheering on all the bands I know up and down the sections...

Sadly I wont be at the West of England Areas, as the organisers put it on the same day as the NW this year... :(

All the best to everybody who are going to the Areas :)
    The challenge of the pieces will, I'm sure, be worth the experience...

20. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Come on our coach for free... (if you play for us!!) ;)