Who is going to NEMBBA?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by postie, Jan 24, 2005.

1. postie

postie Member

On Sunday the 13th of February the North East Midland Brass Band Association are holding their annual contest at the Rolls Royce Pavilion in Derby. The contest allows bands from the 1st section down to the 4th to run through the area test pieces.who is likely to be going to it?
  2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Long Eaton will be there!
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

I'll be there with Carlton Brass :)
  4. Kirkby will not be playing this year
    Will be at area!!!
  5. Di B

Di B Member

Matlock are planning to go...
  6. cherrybassett

cherrybassett Member

Hopkins Solicitors Blidworth will be there, we all should support our association and also get some ideas as to where or if we are going wrong in preparation for the area.
  7. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

I'm there! :)
  8. postie

postie Member

I have just a look around some websites it appears that Silk Brass and Strata Brass are going in the second section. Also a possibility that Ireland Colliery will be there in the 4th.
  9. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I cant see us going as we have not gone for the last 3 years, as in the past it as never done us any good when we have gone to the area contest we have always played worse at the area.

10. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Might go to listen. Definately not playing though cos it's going to take more than a couple of weeks to get Tam O'Shanter up to scratch after Butlins!
  11. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Me and mumsie will be there! :biggrin:

Omg...! it's only a few weeks??? To get comedy up to scratch??? :-?:eek: hmmm..
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member

Better get practising Missey!
  13. Vickitorious

My parts rubbish! :( I want a cornet part :(
  14. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Does anybody have any information as to what time it starts and do the sections overlap?

Many thanks
  15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Normaly starts about 10.00ck and sections follow on from each other.
  16. postie

postie Member

Just found out the bands that have entered the 4th section: Bestwood Black Diamonds, Dearne Valley, Dronfield, Ireland Colliery, Matlock, Tideswell and Trentham Brass.
  17. Di B

Di B Member

It's starting later than usual this year. I believe that the first 4th section band will be going on stage at 11am.

From there, it goes through the sections in one hall (although the sections are short compared to bigger contests) and the results are all announced at the end.

Hope that helps
  18. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Many thanks Di
  19. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Might be a long day! :shock:
  20. Vickitorious

Apparently theres only two 1st section bands! :eek: So... If we're one of them who is the other band???