Who is going to Bugle this year?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by AJSOP, May 15, 2006.

1. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

Bugle contest is approaching. Who is going this year?
  2. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

I understand that there are 3 in top section. 21 bands there in total - same number as last year.

I'll be there playing this year.

3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Me! I am! My first ever bugle! South Molton will be there :D apparently we got booed when we won or came somewhere in the prizes the last time we went, because we're not cornish! :tongue:

I've been before when I was about 10 but I've never played... should be a good day :D
  4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I would have loved to have gone this year, as I enjoy going down each year for what is a wonderful and enjoyable day out, but sadly due to our 'addition' we'll be staying in Manchester...
    Good luck to all the bands competing.... and hope it doesn't rain! :p
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I'm debating coming down to listen this year. Hope to see some tMPers there!
  6. the fish

the fish Member

We will be playing in the first section, looking forward to it, should be a good weekend!
  7. the fish

the fish Member

We will be playing in the first section, looking forward to it, should be a good weekend!
  8. jim

jim Member

Im ment to be playing for a band down there in the champ section, sounds like a good weekend!
  9. Podgypickle

Podgypickle Member

I'll be there for a listen again this year.......just hope the weather is as good as last year!!!!!! See you there AJ
  10. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

11. Jamie

Jamie Member

Given that my search for a career has taken me all of nowhere and back again, I'll actually be in Cornwall for it this year... if it's not raining, I might just pay a visit!I got sunburnt there one year, and drenched the next... you never can tell!!
  12. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

13. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I'll be there yet again, and actually playing this year :D! I'll be on the back row with St Stythians band in the second section.

It better be sunny again! If not, I'll see you all in the pub :rolleyes:.

Can't wait!! :biggrin:
  14. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

Rogerstone arent:( dont think we have ever gone to bugle! i shall have to come and watch!
  15. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I'm sure I've seen Rogerstone there before? A couple of years ago?? Or am I getting you mixed up with another band?! Or another contest?!! Hmmm...

You should definitely come and watch this year anyway!! :biggrin:
  16. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

im not sure, i only been with the band a few years, so i probally missed it, you never kno! i will have to try and come down, if im not busy with work!
  17. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Yes, Rogerstone went a few years ago when the First Section test piece was Plantagenets. I, however was at a wedding that day and didn't have the pleasure of playing!!
  18. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

any chance of us ever going again? or did we not win and never have the will to return?
  19. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

Andy i believe that it was the other 'unspoken' things happened in bugle when we(Rogerstone) went that have led to us not returning. And tim is right, the set test piece was 'The Plantaganets' by Edward Gregson and the set march was 'Brilliant' by Ord J Hume. Interesting bit of rogerstone history for you there andy!
  20. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

oh I remember! lol ok!...Rob...maybe